Need help with Video setup for the family

Participant count
  • Participant list

Abula

Hi,

I need to improve WAF to be able to another build soon, she wants me to do video for the kids on a Toyota 4 runner 2013, not interested on audio that much as into having the kids entertained with movies, the setup seems simple, but im unsure what would be the best route.

1) Get a dual zone DVD player + LCD screen on the back

I think pioneer now AVH and NEX double din have dual zone, get an 2 channel amp and just move the back speakers with small stereo amp. Unsure about the video, if the pioneer dvd player can send the video signal to a back lcd?

2) Get some Back seat screen with dvd player

Seems this is probably the easiest, just grab something like NAVISKAUTO 10.1 Inch Car Headrest DVD Player

3) Build a small HTPC or Player (separated from the car stereo)

Get something like DUNE or Popcorn hour or build HTPC, have an ssd with the movies and 10.1 screen 720/1080p display with built in speakers.

Those are the ones that i was thinking, but im really open to suggestions into what would end up as the best route. Atm i have most of my Blu Ray disc (legally owned) ripped to MKVs, so thats what i would need to play mostly, i really want to avoid re ripping or encoding again for a special format that the player needs.

Either way, thanks taking the interest on reading my thread, appreciate any suggestions/recommendations,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.