Need help.....

Participant count
  • Participant list

!.beat killer.!
10+ year member

I jut started using this site so i dont know much.. but i have a 1994 cutlass cierra grandma car... it has a good size box with 2 older alphasonik 12's in it. with a legacy la960 amp. i dont know a whole lot about radio stuff just the basics if that. when the subs hit they are not hitting even with each other, they hit at 2 different times. could that be the amp or subs? im wanting to replace subs with either rockford fosgate p2's or soundstream tarantulas. if my amp is messed up than im screwed, i dont want to put alot of money in it. i would appreciate any comments on what i should do and if the amp is messed up or sub or either if its just not adjusted right. also, my box is ported. thnx.....

It sounds like they are out of phase which means the polarity of one of them is reversed from the other one.

With the speakers disconnected from the AMP hook a 1.5 V battery to the Speaker wires. If you hook positive to positive and negative to negative the speaker will pop out slightly. If it's reverse phase it will pop in slightly. Just make sure they are both doing the same thing. And in most installations you will want them wired positive to positive, i.e. it will pop outward.

If your amp is well marked and your speakers have color coded wires, you can skip the batt and just make sure both are hooked up the same exact way, although with the batt you can insure that they are wired with the typical phase you would want for a typical installation.

Try that and then check back.

ok i havent tried it yet but is it possible that it could be my amp.. cuz i want some better subs anyway. do you have any reccomendations for me that would be good for the amp that i have? its a 1200 watt amp..

lmao

"i want new subs yo' but if the problem is the amp that ain't coo' because i ain't got the money to fix that."

the problem probably is the polarity, but that amp is a piece of **** that you need to get rid of anyway

well.... i ant got alot of money and if the amp works i was going to just get some new subs that would work for that amp. thats why im asking yall cause i dont have a clue about alot of radio stuff im only dam 17. A new amp would probly be better is what ur saying?

ok i havent tried it yet but is it possible that it could be my amp.. cuz i want some better subs anyway. do you have any reccomendations for me that would be good for the amp that i have? its a 1200 watt amp..
Yea, anything is possible, what do I recommend? Do what I said first so you know what the problem is. Otherwise you're just guessing and being lazy about doing the work to find out.

Noone on this forum can tell you what the problem is, only you have access to your stuff, so follow advice and then post results if you need more after that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.