Need some advice

AmatureSubGuy

WY
I have a 15 AQ sub, a 6000w amp, a giant box that takes up my entire trunk, and no clue as to what i am doing. My friend gave me this, but i don't know how to tune or work any of it properly. my main concern though is to try to get/build a smaller box so i have some trunk space but i don't know what is right for it. Then i would need advice on how to tune it to make it sound good. Please help

What model AQ is it and what kind of amp is it. Chances are you will have electrical issues if that really is a 6000 watt amp. But how small you can go depends mostly on the sub. So we need that information most importantly

it says right on the bottom right hand corner that it is a 6000w Max class d amp... with three 0's (6..0..0..0.)
Welcome to class.

1st power acoustik is well know for being grossly overrated

2nd max ratings are 100% bull ****.

3rd take bull **** rating plus grossly overrated brand and you get what?

4th keep in mind real 6000 watt amps cost well over $1200-$1700 depending on quality, rep, service

you asked what it was i told you what it was. i am trying to figure out this predicament and all that is being accomplished is not a **** thing. i don't know that i have or anything about it because i don't really need this. i was given it by my friend so i just need to know what i am working with.

you asked what it was i told you what it was. i am trying to figure out this predicament and all that is being accomplished is not a **** thing. i don't know that i have or anything about it because i don't really need this. i was given it by my friend so i just need to know what i am working with.
sell it on craigslist and buy kicker

I have a 15 AQ sub, a 6000w amp, a giant box that takes up my entire trunk, and no clue as to what i am doing. My friend gave me this, but i don't know how to tune or work any of it properly. my main concern though is to try to get/build a smaller box so i have some trunk space but i don't know what is right for it. Then i would need advice on how to tune it to make it sound good. Please help
Can you get the sub and box specs from your friend?

1. Sub model and voice coil configuration.

2. Box size and tuning.

Also, I'm taking it that you don't want a box that big? Crappy or not, that amp should get that sub moving, especially in the right box. Chances are it may not last long, but it's free and you've got nothing to lose. Once you get the above info, we can get you some advice.

I talked to him and he said he didn't know for sure. I tried to find a number or any indication of model on it and came up with nothing. you are right that I don't want a box this big. I know it is going to have some volume to it but he made it himself and it is not well thought out because it takes at least two people to put that beast inside a car. the dimensions of the box, L x W x H, is 31.5" x 19.5" x 15" with 3/4" board. it also has a 6" diameter pvc pipe for a vent.

I talked to him and he said he didn't know for sure. I tried to find a number or any indication of model on it and came up with nothing. you are right that I don't want a box this big. I know it is going to have some volume to it but he made it himself and it is not well thought out because it takes at least two people to put that beast inside a car. the dimensions of the box, L x W x H, is 31.5" x 19.5" x 15" with 3/4" board. it also has a 6" diameter pvc pipe for a vent.
That box is not big for that sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.