need some help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

idrum88

I recently got a new car and decided I wanted to add 2 subwoofers. The car is a 2007 escalade. It has a bose system with a sub from the factory. I had one sub and amp that I used in a previous car, so I bought an additional sub to match the other. I tapped into the factory subwoofer connection and used a line level converter. From there i ran RCAs to my amp. My problem is that once everything was installed the level of bass seems to be much quieter than with my old set up(same sub and amp just added another sub). Everything is working properly its just not hitting the way it used to, even with the bass boost turned up on the amp. I even tried hooking up just one of the subs exactly the way I had it set up in my previous car and it was still very quiet. Any ideas? Am I getting a weak signal from splicing into the factory sub wires?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.