Need some help with my enclosure and advice on my setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

jking8911

I drive a 02 civic ex. I've cut the bracing behind the rear seats to squeeze in a beefy box. I'm after boomy bass: don't care so much for Sq. I'd say 15 percent sound quality 85 percent spl. I'm running two memphis 15 C3s... Hard to find specs for them so I've obtained what I could from memphis: 800watts rms, 1600 max a piece. Dvc 4 ohm... Powered off a hifonics Zeus 2400.1 at 1 ohm. I'm getting different calculations as to what frequency my box is tuned to. Box is set up subs facing rear and two square ports firing in the cab. Dimensions of box are: LENGTH- 21IN, WIDTH-38IN, HEIGHT - 16.5. Ports are located far corners and dimensions are: LENGTH-10IN, WIDTH-4IN, HEIGHT-4IN. Located on the corners so they shard the outside walls. Box is separated in the middle all the way. Subs are sealed off from each other. What frequency are the ports tuned to? And is this cubic footage enough for my 15s,ive physically got not much more room lol. What can I do exactly to get more spl.... Don't get me wrong, these subs are pretty obnoxious, but I want better spl. My electrical is all fine.... Got a battery in the trunk, everything is 0 Guage, did big 3, ive got a digital volt meter on rear battery and always watching it. I've played with tuning apps and I think if I'm right I need to adjust the ports for a higher frequency for more spl... Not taking into notice my cabs resonant frequency but only assuming and estimating it. I put and advice please, im new to the forum.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.