10+ year member

wis
So i have

2 Kenwood w3012 12" subs

Kenwood KAC 9104d mono amp

DEH-P3100UB head unit

dual 12" sealed box

(i was on a budget for everything, so the stuff isn't that good.}

I have everything installed. I just can't get the settings right for the subs and amp. The bass sounds good until i turn it up to vol. 20(which isnt that loud) and then it gets distorted. I don't have bass boost turned up.

I need help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Here is the pictures of the settings on my amp

022.jpg

EQ: L=0 M=0 R=0

you need to realize those subs are very very low efficiency.. they won't get very loud.. so don't try to compensate with pushing more power to em.. turn the gain and bass boost All the way to the left.. turn your h/u up to where you normally do.. start turning the gain up slowly till you find where you like it

so its pointed at the .5 not 3? if so theres one problem .. play with the lpf its sealed so it may take some tinkering to get it to your likings
What should it be set at as far as a rule of thumb?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.