Need some input...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kicker1984
10+ year member

so cal
I have two speakers and a sub for my setup, 1 mono kicker amp for the sub and a 4 channel alpine for the fronts, Only using 1/2 channel for the front. Anyways, the other day i heard crackling coming from my speakers but i didn't know which one it was. I panned the audio all the way to the left, and found out it was the left speakers tweeter(image dynamic components)... but i also noticed my sub would go low when i panned to the left, so i panned to the right and the sub remained on, is it suppose to be doing this?

Its a monoblock amp im pretty sure bro, it merges left and right together, because the ears arent gonna be able to tell if its coming from the left or right. At least mine cant. Im sure someone on here will be able to hear the diff though watch lol.

yeah, the sub only stays on when i pan to the right though, it goes completely off when i pan to the left. Dont know if thats normal.....

Also any way to find out if my components polarity are correct? I know theres a battery test but i read its not recommend for components.

Just went out and i unplugged the red rca the sub kept working with the white one in. Took out the white and put in the red one sub turns off. I have a y rca splitter, plugged the white one into the Y splitter sub works, plugged the red sub turns off. Im assuming the rca's going to my unit are bad somewhere... If i run a new rca will my bass improve?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.