Need some really loud speakers.... Help

NeverEnuffBass
10+ year member

Got Bass?
Whats up everyone? As some of you may know, I am putting a wall of 4 15" RE SX subs in my Durango ported at 32hz... Considering how much output those subs are going to have I need some speakers that would be able to match the output of the subs and get loud. I know that Beyma speakers tend to get insanley loud. Can anyone recomend anything that is comparible to that? I plan on modifying the door panels to hold two speakers in each door so pretty much any driver would fit regardless of size. I was thinking 2 6.5's in each would be enough.

Budget ?

Horns might work well for you aswell //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

infinity kappas are my choice for 6.5's. Of course, that IS on MY budget not yours, and there are much louder speakers out there. I just think that the infinitys have nice sq to them.

Whats up everyone? As some of you may know, I am putting a wall of 4 15" RE SX subs in my Durango ported at 32hz... Considering how much output those subs are going to have I need some speakers that would be able to match the output of the subs and get loud. I know that Beyma speakers tend to get insanley loud. Can anyone recomend anything that is comparible to that? I plan on modifying the door panels to hold two speakers in each door so pretty much any driver would fit regardless of size. I was thinking 2 6.5's in each would be enough.
http://www.o2audio.com

whip audio

and if u got alot of money electrovoice

I guess I will look into horns. Don't know too much about them. If anyone does please let me know. Are they actually that much louder than a regular speaker?
Regular component's dont even compare to even a entry level horn(from what I have read)). I was skeptical at first I bought this set http://www.usdaudio.com/products/wg-d200.php and OMG its loud I only gave them 50 watts. If you do get some you will be trying to get your sub to keep up with the horn instead of vice versa. They are exspesive though I would suggest buying used ones you can find a good set for under 300 if your patient. Search for Image Dynamics, USD, Illusion, Crossfire. ID is probably the cheapest, although they have some really exspesive ones too. PM Squeak9798 he seems to be knowlegeable about horns.

Are they actually that much louder than a regular speaker?
If you pushed the horns balls to the wall....they would probably drown out your bass. Not to mention....you'd [literally] be deaf when you stepped out of the vehicle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif High efficiency horns are capable of over 120db...and that, at treble frequencies, is literally enough to deafen you permanently. Audiolife on here had his horns measured in the throat years back at 154db.....154db of treble is totally different than 154db of bass. At 105db/w/m efficiency, you won't use more than a few watts on each horn while listening to them.

I assume that amplifier you have is a 4-channel? Horns, active crossover and mids can be found for in that price range if you look for used. Image Dynamics CD-1Pro's or CD-2 comps are for sale regularly on http://www.elitecaraudio.com and you could find them in the $250 price range. Then I would pick up a pair of something like the XXX mids, or the 8" Dayton Audio 4ohm Reference series from partsexpress (~$100 shipped, don't know if they are on the website yet..might need to call to order them). Coustic XM6 crossover should work for an active xover aswell (can be found for $80 NIB on ebay from thestereodirect, an authorized Coustic seller).

And that setup would have no problem keeping up with your bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif But you would also want to think about adding an EQ at a future date atleast, or adding one now if the budget allows.

BTW, what MSync's do you have ?

I thought I'd elaborate on squeaks version of "totally different", between treble and bass of 154. Using the Fletcher–Munson curves it's at least 30db up at any given value, so that' in the 180-190db range as far as a sub farting 45 hz is concerned.

god, how do you install those horn tweets in a vehicle and still make it look good? There cant be enough room in a dash or in the door. Any pics of installs?
-Vance
They are meant to be mounted under the dash.http://www.usdaudio.com/tutorials/wg-tut1.phpThere are also mini horn's. Check Image Dynamics horns.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.