Needing amp selection help

Participant count
  • Participant list

rmckinney
10+ year member

paducah
Currently have a JL 10w7 running off an alpine about 300w RMS. However, I have finally saved up enough money(maybe) to build my system the way I want it. I'm looking at components in the front, leaning towards boston acoustics pro60se unless someone can offer a better solution. I'm going to hold off on rear fill for now. I'm having trouble finding the right amp, my w7 needs about 500w and the components im looking at are going to need about 130w RMS. I have recently fallen in love with the new soundstream HRU.4 amps and would like to run the components off the front two channels and my w7 bridged off the last two channels. However, the w7 is 3ohm and I dont believe that the HRU.4 is 1 ohm stable and therefore couldnt handle a 3ohm bridged or am I wrong about this? Could it handle it? Another question on the HRU.4 is there any kind of remote bass/gain control for it? If not, then what are some suitable suggestions to look at for my amp?

I have looked at some five channels, so that i wouldnt have to buy another amp when i got around to finishing the rear fill, but i havent been about to come across anything that really fit my set up. I liked the boston acoustics GT5750 but its underpowered and the audison 5.1k but its overpowered on the sub channel and not sure if I want to spend that kind of money on something im not going to be able to hear before purchase... The closest audio shop to me only carries JL and they're two hours away! In my set up im just looking for good clean sound with good bass, not the rattle but more the hit you in the chest classic rock bass. Thanks for your time and sorry about the long post just need help!

Thanks for your input however, if sticking to a four channel amp I think I'd like to go with the human reign unless somebody can give me a big reason not to. Just was wanting to make sure it would be ok to bridge the 3 and 4 channels using the 3 ohm woofer. Or if anybody had a strong recommendation on a multichannel amp. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.