needing new headunit

DaRevrin
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
my brother has a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero sport that is in a big time need of a new headunit. He has a crappy dual right now, and yea it *****. He has a nice sub I picked out and put in there incriminator audio death row 15" powered by Memphis mcd1500. will upgrading cd players improve sound quality and loudness any or will it not be enough to notice?? Also what are some of the top units for around 150 to 200. Might get used if I find a good deal

$270 shipped for my Kenwood DDX516 with ipod adapter video cable thingy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif...CD/DVD Touch Screen

I have a really nice older sony. Before they went down the drains. Practically brand new in box. Bought it for my mom and she sold her car shortly after so it's been sitting ever since. It's a sony cdx-M7815X. She loved it while she used it. Mind you she is a 60 year old woman who isnt the least bit technical savy so this thing is in great condition.

my brother has a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero sport that is in a big time need of a new headunit. He has a crappy dual right now, and yea it *****. He has a nice sub I picked out and put in there incriminator audio death row 15" powered by Memphis mcd1500. will upgrading cd players improve sound quality and loudness any or will it not be enough to notice?? Also what are some of the top units for around 150 to 200. Might get used if I find a good deal
Should make a difference, when you say crappy dual you mean stock/factory or a crappy double din unit? Also what box is he running that in? A prefab or custom built? Sealed or ported?

For $150-$200 Id recommend looking at the Eclipse CD7000, Eclipse CD5100, Alpine CDA-9886 or 9887, the Kenwood x993 or x994. The JVC KD-AR8500 is also another great option. The AR8500 has been discontinued and there just happens to be one in the classified sections.

Which one would you recommend most out of all of those. He does have an iPhone that he has put all his music on. So what kind of audible difference should I expect going with a better headunit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.