new car kickers all around

Participant count
  • Participant list

vals555

CarAudio.com Newbie
recently purchased an older vehicle with 2 4x6 kicker ds in dash and 4 more kicker ds unknown, 1 in each door. upgraded to jvc touch screen head unit and I'm just curious if it's possible to squeeze some bass out of these door speakers before having to jump to a sub and amp, or could an amp alone help? I'm just not familiar with most of this and any advice would be helpful. all around it is very loud and super clear just not much bass.

Last edited:
Bass requires power and cone area, pretty simple, (not talking about pumping 2000 watts to a pair of 6 or 8's) What are the other door speakers? Amplification will get them louder, but louder at 80hz is not louder bass.

Vehicle year make and model?
Which JVC HU?
Budget (think in terms for a sub too)?

Bass requires power and cone area, pretty simple, (not talking about pumping 2000 watts to a pair of 6 or 8's) What are the other door speakers? Amplification will get them louder, but louder at 80hz is not louder bass.

Vehicle year make and model?
Which JVC HU?
Budget (think in terms for a sub too)?
I believe the head unit is a JVC KW-M560BT the car is a 2001 chevy blazer. I'm unsure of all the door speakers I'd have to pull them out to check for sure but I can see through the speaker grills that they are round kicker ds. If there's something you'd suggest I'd like to keep it under $300

I assume it is the 2-door? I've looked at all the speaker options for that year, don't see where you can put 4x6's in the dash, 2.75" looks to be the largest even if the grill looks like it will accommodate a larger speaker. That factory HU is fine, as a HU it outputs around 21 watts per channel.

Recoil has a pretty decent four channel that will work with that HU and the power will help a LOT.

This for a single amp

This if you plan on an additional amp for a sub

Some great buys on Subs and amps too.

One of these

In one of these

Last edited:
I believe the head unit is a JVC KW-M560BT the car is a 2001 chevy blazer. I'm unsure of all the door speakers I'd have to pull them out to check for sure but I can see through the speaker grills that they are round kicker ds. If there's something you'd suggest I'd like to keep it under $300
Thats not a reasonable budget Of $300 for a substage to be honest, but if thats all you are needing is a sub stage for now, this should work just fine, for $289 bucks( Price shown after in Cart). Its got everything you need to install it. Im not a fan of this brand... but for the cost and for all you are needing at this point.. Its pretty hard to beat especially if on a $300 budget, and the front speakers sound fine for you atm. No sense going all out. Be a decent starter/entry sub stage

I assume it is the 2-door? I've looked at all the speaker options for that year, don't see where you can put 4x6's in the dash, 2.75" looks to be the largest even if the grill looks like it will accommodate a larger speaker. That factory HU is fine, as a HU it outputs around 21 watts per channel.

Recoil has a pretty decent four channel that will work with that HU and the power will help a LOT.

This for a single amp

This if you plan on an additional amp for a sub

Some great buys on Subs and amps too.

One of these

In one of these

Why would you assume it's a 2 door when 95%+ of them are 4 doors?

Why would you assume it's a 2 door when 95%+ of them are 4 doors?
A set of rounds in all of the doors, not the front or the front and the rears, with the dash speakers, no mention of the rear doors, didn't exclude them either. . OP was not specific, so it was more to elicit a reply and a different option such as a 6 channel amp, etc. The older blazers actually sold a lot of 2 door models, not really relevant, again, was meant to elicit a response to the contrary should it be a 4 door.

I owned a 2 door, mayabe therein lies my predisposition.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

vals555

CarAudio.com Newbie
vals555
florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies