New Deck

HardHitter
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright, well I sold my Pioneer screen for $850, and I was going to buy a new screen, however, I have decided to buy a really really nice deck and then bank the rest of money that I made.

Right now I am pretty much set on the Pioneer P860MP deck. Has 6V preouts, plays all types of formates, OEL display, seems to have all the bells and whistles for a deck. They run for around $315 shipped on Ebay too, so I'd bank around $500 of my $850.

Do you guys believe this is a good move? For those who have the Pioneer P860MP, how do you like it? Pro's and Con's? The only other deck that I saw was one of the new Alpine 9830 or 9833 I forget the model number, but it was pretty nice.

Give me your suggestions.

Option is now between the Premier 860mp and the Alpine CDA-9835. I know that the Alpine is about $40 more, however, is it really worth the $40 more or should I stick with Pioneer? Whats the differences between the two?

Yeah, I was wondering whether to buy the pio 8600 or an EClipse that had motorized screen, mp3 etc. The dude told me I would get better sound q out of the eclipse because it had higher v pre outs.. .. decisions decisions.

The dude told me I would get better sound q out of the eclipse because it had higher v pre outs.. .. decisions decisions.
Um......that is what the gains on the amp are for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Chances are, with properly set gains, you would never ever tell the difference.

They are both high quality decks. IMO get the cheaper one.

i just installed my 8600 yesterday and it is a great deck. all the features you could possibly want. they are not useless either. the time allignment, 13 band eq (also the auto eg with the mic is pretty nice) bbe, nice subwoofer controls, front and rear high pass filters with adjustable levels. also throw in awesome graphics and easy to use controls. there are probably other features i missed but you get the point. only con i can think of is that the quality of the downloadable graphics is not that great, although i'm still expiermenting. about the volt issue, if you set gains properly you won't notice a difference. i went from a 6 volt deck to a 4 volt deck and it didn't make a negative difference.

Yeah, I was wondering whether to buy the pio 8600 or an EClipse that had motorized screen, mp3 etc. The dude told me I would get better sound q out of the eclipse because it had higher v pre outs.. .. decisions decisions.

I believe Eclipse makes excellent sounding decks(the best sounding decks I had owned until my current deck, the RF 8250), and you might find that it sounds better than the pioneer(and you wouldn't be alone), but I think that pre outs, while important(not just the voltage, but the impedance and where the pre outs clip), other things make decks sound a certain way.

Hell, if higher pre outs automatically made a deck sound better, then I guess people with, say, 2.7V eclipses would all trade them in for a 4V sony(or any other deck with a high voltage linedriver).

Go listen to both, and see what you think. If a salesperson tells me one sounds better than another, and my ears tell me differently, I go with my ears.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.