New guy needing some guidance on first full install on my own

i spent about $100 in sound deadener to do the roof, 4 doors, and back wall of my truck with about 50% coverage (40-50 sq ft), more in some areas. crew cabs are a little bigger than ext cabs though, two 36 sq ft packs of stinger roadkill on amazon is less than $200 and i guarantee you'll have some left over if you dont overdo the deadener where its not needed

That's gonna be a lot of deadener prolly $300 + on that alone the speakers I have a few options. Would you like the brands to match ? Or does that matter
Whoa! I guess it is a lot to cover. I haven't priced any deadener yet, so I didn't know what to expect. Brands don't have to match. If it will give me better sound, I don't really care. All the speakers will have the factory covers over them anyway. I originally went with Polk because I had read from several sources they had great sound for that price range.

Whoa! I guess it is a lot to cover. I haven't priced any deadener yet, so I didn't know what to expect. Brands don't have to match. If it will give me better sound, I don't really care. All the speakers will have the factory covers over them anyway. I originally went with Polk because I had read from several sources they had great sound for that price range.
Ok first off road kill is ok. Not the best. You'll want 100% coverage. If you do 80 mil instead of 120 mil. You may need to double layer some areas I had 99sq ft and did a crx floor doors and rear panels not even the roof But I'm thinking so b2 ref 6.1 for the front on Cdt hd6ex for the rear. Either a b2 Quattro it ampere 150.4 amp for the speakers. And Shca deadener. Shca wire for the amp kit and big 3 pm me for prices if interested

i spent about $100 in sound deadener to do the roof, 4 doors, and back wall of my truck with about 50% coverage (40-50 sq ft), more in some areas. crew cabs are a little bigger than ext cabs though, two 36 sq ft packs of stinger roadkill on amazon is less than $200 and i guarantee you'll have some left over if you dont overdo the deadener where its not needed
That sounds much better. What areas would I not need to cover? Is Stinger Roadkill good stuff? I need something that can stand hot humid summers down here. Over 100 degrees in July and August with close to 100% humidity.

That sounds much better. What areas would I not need to cover? Is Stinger Roadkill good stuff? I need something that can stand hot humid summers down here. Over 100 degrees in July and August with close to 100% humidity.
I bought cheap noico 36 sq ft packs off amazon, it works but its not the best, it's $60 for 36 sq ft, stinger roadkill is 95 or so for 36 sq ft but its better stuff

areas of thick metal or braced with crossmembers dont usually need to be covered. worry about thin pieces of sheet metal that flex and areas where two pieces touch, a great example is putting a piece of deadener between the door handle plate and the door

Ok first off road kill is ok. Not the best. You'll want 100% coverage. If you do 80 mil instead of 120 mil. You may need to double layer some areas I had 99sq ft and did a crx floor doors and rear panels not even the roof But I'm thinking so b2 ref 6.1 for the front on Cdt hd6ex for the rear. Either a b2 Quattro it ampere 150.4 amp for the speakers. And Shca deadener. Shca wire for the amp kit and big 3 pm me for prices if interested
PM sent. I am not sure if it notifies you or not. Thank you for all your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

912dawg

912dawg
Coastal GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
mylows10