New RCA cables...new noises

BeAlLsTaR13
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
New York
Well before I had just a pair of RCA cables running off the sub out of my HU..but I just recently added a pair of RCA cables running out of the "front" outputs of mu HU.. I now am noticing a sort of humming noise coming from my subs when no music is on and when then HU is on.. But if I out the RCA cables that are coming from my front stage into my sub amp the noise goes away but cones back when my subs rcas are connected to my sub amp..

Sub RCA cables:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KARSS2.6M

Front stage RCA cables:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380130734654&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&salenotsupported

edit: i dont have the rem. wire connected to the remote turn on on my HU that is built into the front stage rca's so it cant be the interference with that.

iono maks sure nothing is next to your preouts like ytour ac controls or whatever. i get noise when i have my AC on. if i move the wres it goes away.

iono maks sure nothing is next to your preouts like ytour ac controls or whatever. i get noise when i have my AC on. if i move the wres it goes away.
it does with with both the ac on and off, its only been doing it since i added the other pair of rca cables, even when their un-hooked from the back of the HU (front stage unhooked) it makes the noise witht he sub rca plugged in, i do have the running down the car next to eachother, but its only the rcas i have running my subs doing it not the other ones.

dude could just be a bad ground or the pair of rca's. i had a real bad whine one time and i coated the rca's with electrical tape and no more noise. but its a pain doint 15feet of rca's with tape.

dude could just be a bad ground or the pair of rca's. i had a real bad whine one time and i coated the rca's with electrical tape and no more noise. but its a pain doint 15feet of rca's with tape.
bad ground to the amp? cant really get a better ground than what i have now.. lol.. and if it was the amp ground it woulda did it before... and if it was the rcas that are bad, it woulda done it before too and not just now.

It sounds like your problem started when you added the front stage RCA's have you tried different front RCA wires yet. Every time you unhook eKo rca's does the noise go away?

It sounds like your problem started when you added the front stage RCA's have you tried different front RCA wires yet. Every time you unhook eKo rca's does the noise go away?
no those rca's are fine, ive switched them in and out several times and the noise happens when those are not plugged in, the sub amp does not make the humming noise when the front rcas and plugged into the amp only the sub rcas.. however it isnt the rca cables

it seems to me to be the sub preout it'self.. cuz the rcas are fine ive changed them in and out to different combinations of having the sub rcas plugged into the front to sub amp, doesnt make the noise and vice versa.. it is the sub preouts on the HU themselves

theres more stuff here in this thread:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415416

more info to look at.

make urself a muting plug lets see if it's the amp, the deck, or the rca. to make a muting plug take an old rca cut off an end leave enough wire to work with. take the center wire and twist it with the outer wire. you have made a muting plug. put it in the amp and see if the noise continues. let me know wat happens and we'll go from there

make urself a muting plug lets see if it's the amp, the deck, or the rca. to make a muting plug take an old rca cut off an end leave enough wire to work with. take the center wire and twist it with the outer wire. you have made a muting plug. put it in the amp and see if the noise continues. let me know wat happens and we'll go from there
got a pic of what it ends up looking like?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.