Northeast Region New York --- New Jersey Comp post here

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV

sexyvic1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
anyone that knows of any comps in the new york --- new jersy area please post here.

it seems all the comps are in the new england and maryland areas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif not much in between

2010 season -----

If there was a decent amount of people looking to hit up some SPL comps then I'm sure people would get them going in Jersey. New York has them, mostly in the central and western parts though. Who knows, maybe USACi will be in Jersey in 2010.
There is alot more ppl in NJ that like going to SPL shows then you think. There is alot of just local shows. That use the TL for some SPL type comps. Mostly they are run with car shows.

You have a TL Audioatg, you should run a dB Drags event in Jersey, or another format. Do what I do, hook up with a car show and run some SPL for people to come out and have a place to compete.
I do and I have went to most of the local audio shops in my area and none want to bother with having a show. Or they will say they would think about and never get back to me. Yes I do a few shows each year with a local car show club. And the others are already running show and I help when needed. Or other shows dont get as big because they dont wanna listen and the rules hurt the show more then help it. Im sure you know these things. Theres more to tell but not going to rant. I am hoping I can work with this one club to run more this year one mabye at rowan college. Will see. But then again Im married growing up as well. Might not have the time for alot this year.

Drags does have a ton of rules and their format kinda ***** to run as part of a car show, I know, I' tried this before and won't do it again. Drags will work ok for a car audio shop, but not at a car show. You could try running a format from TNESPL, I think Jersey is still considered the NorthEast. If you run a show as a TNESPL show then you'll get more people out that might be checking out their site, and also whatever advertising you do for any shows you do would have a mention on the TNESPL website, so they can check out the rules before they come out. And there are a lot less rules.

I do and I have went to most of the local audio shops in my area and none want to bother with having a show. Or they will say they would think about and never get back to me. Yes I do a few shows each year with a local car show club. And the others are already running show and I help when needed. Or other shows dont get as big because they dont wanna listen and the rules hurt the show more then help it. Im sure you know these things. Theres more to tell but not going to rant. I am hoping I can work with this one club to run more this year one mabye at rowan college. Will see. But then again Im married growing up as well. Might not have the time for alot this year.
I went to a tiny little car show at rowan this past year, guy had a term lab there, thats where I got metered at.

most of the car shows around here that do have an spl portion only have a open catagory for highest spl .... there is no breakdown of classes or rules.

nobody really posts anywhere if there will be spl or not.... and i just can't seem to find them on the net.

the few that i do find i will call ahead and ask about catagories and rules and the person running the show can never give me a straight answer on the spl portion. they either don't know or they say it was cancelled.

most of the car shows around here that do have an spl portion only have a open catagory for highest spl .... there is no breakdown of classes or rules.
nobody really posts anywhere if there will be spl or not.... and i just can't seem to find them on the net.

the few that i do find i will call ahead and ask about catagories and rules and the person running the show can never give me a straight answer on the spl portion. they either don't know or they say it was cancelled.
I hear ya, we have the same issue around here with SPL at car shows. Thats a reason I try and get ahold of the various car show organizers as soon as I hear about a show. If they want to try SPL I'll suggest having NESPL do it, then we handle all the details from running the show to getting trophies and handing them out. Once they know they don't have to put any work into it then the car clubs usually have us handle the SPL, at least then everyone can have a class to compete in and some rules to keep it fair. Plus since we have a website set up anytime the car clubs get a question about it they just give them our website and have them check us out for more info. Anyone in the Northeast can run a show for Team NorthEast SPL, all you need is an SPL meter, preferably a TermLab, but an Audio Control can work too. They have a website all set up with all the rules, classes and event dates so it's easier for people to get the info needed to compete.

I went to a tiny little car show at rowan this past year, guy had a term lab there, thats where I got metered at.
lol, that was me. What vehicle did you have. And I am sorry for the rules. I did what I could in a short notice.

I have been talking to him/the guy that ran the show/ for somthin this year. I will also give my advice on to when to have the show and how to advertise. That guy didnt do a very good job.

If there was a decent amount of people looking to hit up some SPL comps then I'm sure people would get them going in Jersey. New York has them, mostly in the central and western parts though. Who knows, maybe USACi will be in Jersey in 2010.
western new york has no sound offs once you get past oswego ,,nothing:( fall brawl was in newark but thats the only one for along time

Drags does have a ton of rules and their format kinda ***** to run as part of a car show, I know, I' tried this before and won't do it again. Drags will work ok for a car audio shop, but not at a car show. You could try running a format from TNESPL, I think Jersey is still considered the NorthEast. If you run a show as a TNESPL show then you'll get more people out that might be checking out their site, and also whatever advertising you do for any shows you do would have a mention on the TNESPL website, so they can check out the rules before they come out. And there are a lot less rules.
Well being I never really like dbdrag I dought Id be doing that. To many classes really. I went to a few shows and I hated being there for that long. And I do love car audio and SPL. I run classes like slapshow had. I loved their classes and always run my shows like them when I can. Some car show ppl dont want that huge SPL part for some odd reason. There is a big show called lowroller that comes every year to the salem county area. Id say its a big show. I have talked to them a few times with nothin happening their past SPL guys screwed them over so I think that hurts as well. Like they planned for them and never show up. I will look into that TNESPL web site.

sexyvic1 I will keep my eye out for shows for you. I know there is place called posh car wash that does alot of them. You should get on the mailing list for them. I will be sending some one an email soon about that show. But I dunno what I did was find some car club web site forums and looked on there. Helped in finding shows that way.

I know Usaci will be in NJ next year. They are always at English town. I wounder if atco will pick them back up. I know they had some trouble with the last Usaci person.

I run classes like slapshow had. I loved their classes and always run my shows like them when I can. Some car show ppl dont want that huge SPL part for some odd reason. There is a big show called lowroller that comes every year to the salem county area. Id say its a big show. I have talked to them a few times with nothin happening their past SPL guys screwed them over so I think that hurts as well. Like they planned for them and never show up. I will look into that TNESPL web site.
Yeah, the car show organizers around here didn't really care for having an SPL portion either. I got to do one car show in 2008 that went pretty bad, as far as competitors, but I made a couple good contacts with other show promoters and that really helped out for 2009. We went from 3 shows in 2008 to 16 in 2009 and before the season was over we were getting offers to run SPL at car shows in 2010. The SlapShow format was great, simple and easy to enforce the limited rules. Pretty much what I was trying to do. Hit me up later in the season if you need any advice on getting something going for SPL down your way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.