Newbie Looking For Advice On Audio Equipment

So im in the process of buying a 2011-2013 Dodge Charger Base model (Wouldn't make much sense to pay for a higher model and end up replacing all the Premium Audio Equipment)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif I want to buy all the equipment i need first and the take it to a shop and have them do a 100% CLEAN install of all of it, but the only problem i have is i dont know exactly how much of everything i need (speakers, amplifiers, and etc.) I do know what type of subwoofer i want (NVX Audio VCW122) My buddy has one and the sound quality on it is pretty amazing for the power that it puts out. Ive also heard the IDMAX12-D2 and i really love the SQ on that one as well but between those two theres not much of a difference in th SQ. Im not a big SPL person, I prefer SQ over SPL any day due to me being a musician but i do love CLEAN loud bass. So if you have any suggestions on speakers (mids, highs, and lows) and also tweeters, amplifiers, and should i change out the uconnect head unit i would love to hear them. My budget is around $7,000 to $10,000 but i would prefer to stay around $7,000 including install cost.

Hey BigSteve - I saw you looked like you were in the 757 and in Va Beach. If I may step in and advise going to Sound Wave Customs across from Lynnhaven Mall near the Stihl entrance. Two guys, Ethan Bleu and Steve DiFlippo are two guys who, after working in shops around the area, decided to break out on their own. Their number is 757-648-8888. They come across to me as being honest and truly excited when they make a customer's vehicle sound awesome!

I just had two-way remote start added and replaced my door speakers (converting the rear to components) with Infinity Kappa's on my '11 Expedition EL. I plan on going back to have an amp added and possibly upgrade my sub at some point in the near future. The work they did was awesome and it looks great. Can't recommend them enough. They will install what you buy from them and anything you bring in.

FYI - Love my Kappas. Really opened the sound stage in my truck and added tight bass.

Hey BigSteve - I saw you looked like you were in the 757 and in Va Beach. If I may step in and advise going to Sound Wave Customs across from Lynnhaven Mall near the Stihl entrance. Two guys, Ethan Bleu and Steve DiFlippo are two guys who, after working in shops around the area, decided to break out on their own. Their number is 757-648-8888. They come across to me as being honest and truly excited when they make a customer's vehicle sound awesome!
I just had two-way remote start added and replaced my door speakers (converting the rear to components) with Infinity Kappa's on my '11 Expedition EL. I plan on going back to have an amp added and possibly upgrade my sub at some point in the near future. The work they did was awesome and it looks great. Can't recommend them enough. They will install what you buy from them and anything you bring in.

FYI - Love my Kappas. Really opened the sound stage in my truck and added tight bass.
Cool. When i figure out all the equipment im getting i will definitely give them a call. Thanks for the referral!

with that budget, you might want to hit up some hertz, focal, dynaudio gear with that budget. have the shop properly treat your doors with deadening, rear wave absorption and proper seals and baffles maybe even a custom door panel enclosure for the speakers. Grab a nice headunit with all the features and pre out RCAs you need and a custom fiberglass enclosure for a slick look in the back. If the shops are reasonable and arent d1cks about their pricing, you should get all this bought and done under 2 - 5k depending on the quality of gear.

With that sort of a budget I would recommend getting some turn key quotes from several shops. I understand that you can sometimes save some money buying online and then having things installed but you're talking about a complicated system that will require a lot of man hours worth of setting, tweaking, etc. and if you brought the car to my shop, you'd get a lot better labor quote by giving me the opportunity to sell the equipment also. Not to mention, if I'm installing something I sell, I'm going to be a lot more interested in making the build a calling card type of build than if I'm installing something I don't sell. That may not seem right but let's face it, its the truth.

As for specific equipment, there's a ton of stuff in your budget that will sound fantastic if installed properly. But you could also spend 20 grand on gear and wind up with a crappy sounding system so again, spend more time researching installers than gear and you'll be happy.

Hey Big Steve, this is Steve from Sound wave customs, we would love to offer a free quote on any labor needs. We also sell a wide variety of gear, everything from american bass, to infinity and jbl. All of our displays work, so if you wanted to hear the differences in tweeters and drivers, come on by. We offer free estimates, and don't mind installing outside gear. Our ultimate goal is to make the whole experience a pleasurable one, we are setting new standards in car audio for the virginia beach area. If there is a line you like that we don't carry in store, no worries, we can get our hands on most everything out there. I personally have been in the business over 20 years, my partner Ethan is 15 plus, and all my guys are at least 10 plus years in sales and installation. We treat every car as if it were a demo vehicle for our shop, cause ultimately it is once you leave and show your family, friends, others, etc. We are located across from Stihl on Lynnhaven pkwy, 2700 Avenger Drive, 757-648-8888, it sounds like you have a lot of questions and really want to be involved in the process of picking gear and making sure the install is the best it can be, we welcome that honestly its more fun for us when we meet customers who want to be involved and really care about their system. Stop by anytime, its a lot to go over, we can sit down and figure up a couple different quotes and help you make a great decision for your future car audio needs. Thanks, Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.