no output until i roll the window down.

Participant count
  • Participant list

944g37
10+ year member

this is my set up http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/385439-94-mitsu-eclipse-sx12-2-0-cu.html

Two Kicker kx 400.1's strapped plus a Pioneer 240.2 on the rear 6x9's. I moved it from my eclipse to a 99 Grand Prix GTP with the factory Bose stereo. I tapped into the low level inputs on my factory bose amp and soldered RCA jacks to them for my audio signal. Then tapped into the switched power wire on the bose to turn it on and off. When it plays it sounds perfect, the inputs ARE NOT line level or low pass or high pass or anything else people claim about the Bose wiring, if you know what wires to tap into it works right. My problem is that sometimes when I turn the car on there will be no output from the headunit at all. The HU and the all the amps are powered on and the headunit shows the volume and radio station or cd or whatever it is on but there is no sound even from the stock speakers that arent amplified. If I bump the window down button the sub thumps once really loud then the radio works normal again. If I bump the window button and it doesnt kick on I have to turn the HU on and off 5 to 10 times and it will kick on but it will reset my clock. It didnt do this before I put the sub and amps in it.

It's pretty difficult to troubleshoot because it's so convoluted. If the HU shuts off, and you can roll your window down and it turns on, that tells me that some of that crap is wired together. Either run your HU it's own fixed power and ground, (since you said the clock lost its time) or just get an aftermarket HU and be done with this clusterfuck.

Just to clarify the HU doesnt shut off when it does this, it is on, lit up, and displaying as if it was working it just isnt putting anything out.

"just get an aftermarket HU and be done with this clusterfuck." lol, But I love my factory HU!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.