noob question on RE Audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chris Lugo

ok so Ive decided that im gonna run a totally RE system in my car. its an old rambler if anyone heres even heard of that haha but my question is what are their best subs for SQ? i listen to everything now but more punchy rock and metal. im thinking 10 or 12. but i cant figure out if the box will be ported because i don't know what to get!

NO xxx or mt. the mx sx and se are more in my price range and id like to run their amps and component speakers too unless someone wants to give me their input on a killer clean and loud system but id like as much re as possible.

i want it loud too don't get me wrong but i generally don't listen to my stereo loud enough to keep my ears ringing either. my box will be custom and going in my trunk directly behind my rear seat. and i haven't decided if they'll be downfiring or fire into the cabin. will there be enough trunk airspace for a ported box? its a big trunk and cabin but they'll be separate airspaces.

let me know if i forgot to add any pertinent info. i tried to get it all

I have an re ***.. Not sure what others think of it but I believe its a well rounded sql woofer.. I have a aq1200d wired to it but the gains set low.. It handles the low frequencies very well and sounds clean. Also its in a slot ported box tuned to 32hz. Yet, I can only compare it two p2 12's off of the same amp. This re is much louder and sounds just as clean( hits lower frequencies better tho)

I use to run re back in the day (04-05ish) from wat I gather there new stuff is not even close to there older stuff, I would personally look else where

i have two re se10d4 on a audiopipe apsm1300 and i get good sq, which is what i was looking for. don't get me wrong, they can be loud, and yes the are power hungry. they are rated thermally at 600wrms each, and need no less than 500wrms to really shine. i have the older model without the plastic shroud around the magnets. just make sure you understand the rules; loud-deep-clear, you can only have two of the three. i have mine for deep and clear, love em.

i was looking more at one mx12 in a sealed box running off their vlx2de amp or two sx10s in a ported box on separate vlx1des. the older sx models or the new mx cuz there seems to still be retailers with all their older stuff

if SQ is your focus than you'll need to look at sound processors too. too many "sq" system on here and everywhere else have no sound processor or rely solely on the headunit. make sure you get a good headunit if you are just going to use the headunit as your means of sound processors.

well im not looking for competition SQ. i just want as little distortion as possible. sound processors are too complicated for my little experience. ill stick to the head unit and crossovers for now haha. any opinions on the pioneer mvh8300? it seems pretty good for what im doing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.