Not getting lows...

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigDrez
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
OK...With the 3 6 Mafia - Late night tip I CRUSH the first bass line but the second and third ones that get progressively lower I hardly pick up and I hardly pick up songs like Lil Wyte-Get high to this. I figured my set-up should murder such basslines. I mean I pick up the bass, but not nearly nice as I expected. I measured my port and it is like 3.37 inches wide and like 17.45 inches tall I do not know what the tuning is. It was SUPPOSED to be 35 hz but I do not know how to tell...is my box tuning the reason why these notes are not coming in or is it because my subs don't go that low? I am lost.....

I'm far from a expert here. So someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But it looks like your port width may be to small fo 2 L7's. You have about the same box I have for my 2 L7's and my port is 6" wide. I don't know, maybe. Someone could tell you different. Good luck with it.

12" L7s don't really get low my friend, their F3 is like 31hz too. I have 4, so it helps to get some lows, but my stuff really shines in the 40-55hz range, anything under 40hz starts to get softer and sound like it's bottoming out some.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.