not happy with subs. need new ones (poll)

1. play MUSIC 2. get LOWW 3. i want it LOUD

• Total voters

blkbeater
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i just got my hdc3's and im not too happy with em. they get loud dont get me wrong but im picky and as i heard gmonk say they sound "hollow". they do. and i cant stand it. so i need some new subs.

im getting a second aq 3500d. but i want somethin that will be loud as balls, get lowww and play music. i dont do ne comp's i just listen to music. im lookin at these... but please lemme know what you reccommend

i dont wanna do a wall, i want to keep my back seats so space is an issue. the cargo area is fair game. dont care how big of a box.

1. 2 15" AA mayhem's

2. 2 15" FI BTL's

3. 2 15" DC Level 4XL's

4. 2 15" DD 9500's

thanks for lookin guys. please comment

Why not try a different box? Some subs sound better with smaller boxes, 8.4 cubes for 2 15s not doing comps might be part of the problem.

That size box the DD9515s would be a good choice

Why not try a different box? Some subs sound better with smaller boxes, 8.4 cubes for 2 15s not doing comps might be part of the problem.That size box the DD9515s would be a good choice
ive heard em in diff boxes and i just dont like the sound of em. but im kinda worried about the dd's cuz their sister subs but i have no experience with em so i donno how they sound. but i also want it louder than what im at now

Are you going to keep the tuning the same for your new subs? Id try the hdc's tuned higher before you spend more money on new subs.

I have seen alot of people use DD subs for daily and sounded great. All depends on install. Like I said 8.4 cubes seems alittle much. If you were doing comps then you should be alright with size.

You also got to look at tuning and power. It could be where you have it crossed over at, it could be an issue with the box, it could be a few things. Best thing is to talk to other owners of these subs and see what they think, what amps, size box, tuning, vehicle etc.

2nd amp will help as they like power. What are box specs: tuning and port area?

They aren't bottom heavy subs, meaning they won't sound boomy/muddy down low like a lot of subs.

I'd consider building another enclosure and adding the 2nd amp. If you're still not happy then sell em to me on the cheapz...

I also prefer the sound of the alum coils over the coppers and with that much power you better plan on going alum.

i just got my hdc3's and im not too happy with em. they get loud dont get me wrong but im picky and as i heard gmonk say they sound "hollow". they do. and i cant stand it. so i need some new subs.im getting a second aq 3500d. but i want somethin that will be loud as balls, get lowww and play music. i dont do ne comp's i just listen to music. im lookin at these... but please lemme know what you reccommend

i dont wanna do a wall, i want to keep my back seats so space is an issue. the cargo area is fair game. dont care how big of a box.

1. 2 15" AA mayhem's

2. 2 15" FI BTL's

3. 2 15" DC Level 4XL's

4. 2 15" DD 9500's

thanks for lookin guys. please comment

I would go with some Death Penalty's myself. Fawk FI/AA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...