O deciding on batteries, this is tough...

bunkerking09
10+ year member

Current Status: Win
Well i've been reading up on a lot of batteries, and i've seen a lot of arguments. I will be running between 5-6k watts in my truck so i need a larger battery(s), obviously. My original plan was yellow top in front, and two in back. But maybe i should just go with a single larger battery in the back. Something like a Kinetik HC 2400.

Suggestions?

YT up front and you'll need at least 3 or 4 in the back. for a budget you can go with 4 Dekas, if you have the cash though, I'd go with four powermaster 3100's

That or find an alternator that can do about 360 amperes and then you'd probably only need one HC2400 in the trunk. Don't expect to play it while the car isn't running, though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

AVI is still making car audio? I have some really nice 5.25 components I bought back in 04, I think. I run cdt 6.5 pros now, but in my memory...
They are good at the boom. Hard pounding lowend but lack at the upper notes. If you have a strong midbass setup they will blend fine. Buuut.. for...
My issue is I already have the box (without the 10" adapter ring) so I'm kinda stuck on a 12, which isn't the worst thing in the world 😂 I had...
How I would approach it is install your new amplifier and start using it. Install a voltage gauge and if you see your voltage lowering then add...
How have you verified that your alternator is making that much current under real world operating conditions in your vehicle?

About this thread

bunkerking09

10+ year member
Current Status: Win
bunkerking09
Kansas City, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date