Odd subwoofer "breathing" when sound stops should I be worried?

This only happens on some tracks right. If so delete one of those tracks, download it again, and see if it still happens.
Like I said it happened EVERY time each of the test tones ended (30hz all the way to 40hz). As in going from high excursion to instant off. So it can't have anything to do with the track because its only seen when the track has ENDED (as in no sound). It's not like the test tone has ended and is still playing something at the end that's causing the "breath". It's OFF and loading the next track on the USB stick.

Can you sell me your amp? I have cash!
I could. Depends what you are offering. That is if you're serious lol. I've been wanting to upgrade to a more powerful sub amp since getting the SA-8s and will probably end up getting a 3rd or 4th eventually and 1150W just wont cut it for 4 of these bad boys haha.

I've actually been meaning to list the amp here just havent gotten around to taking the pics with the username/date sign yet.

Again see sig. Amp is a Audison LrX 5.1k. The most powerful 5 channel amp audison ever made. And when it was in production it was over $2000 amp. So if that's a poop amp I'd hate to see what is an excellent 5 channel amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I have sigs off

You don't have your highs damped too? If so look at the woofer cones in your doors. You could grab some rcas and run them just over the seats and ****, real quick, that would eliminate that, put the same tracks on your ipod, get a 3.5mm to rca adaptor at walmart or radio shack or wherever and plug it direct into the amp, if it still does it then I would say its the recording or the amp or ground spots, if it goes away then its the rcas or deck or the decks ground or the rca picking something up in the dash. Bro you are just going to do some diagnostics and eleminate some things. So get moving!

I have sigs off
You don't have your highs damped too? If so look at the woofer cones in your doors. You could grab some rcas and run them just over the seats and ****, real quick, that would eliminate that, put the same tracks on your ipod, get a 3.5mm to rca adaptor at walmart or radio shack or wherever and plug it direct into the amp, if it still does it then I would say its the recording or the amp or ground spots, if it goes away then its the rcas or deck or the decks ground or the rca picking something up in the dash. Bro you are just going to do some diagnostics and eleminate some things. So get moving!
Amping these current door speakers would be a PITA as they are part of the Premium Monsoon system. So mids/tweets, 6x9's, more tweets in rear. Would be a PITA for me to try and wire all that to my 5 channel and make it work properly. Speaker impedances in the monsoon system are weird to use with aftermarket amps from what I've read. Needs modification and extra caps and stuff. And I'm not skilled enough to pull it off myself. Hence why I've got some Focal PS165's coming for the front.

Like I said it happened EVERY time each of the test tones ended (30hz all the way to 40hz). As in going from high excursion to instant off. So it can't have anything to do with the track because its only seen when the track has ENDED (as in no sound). It's not like the test tone has ended and is still playing something at the end that's causing the "breath". It's OFF and loading the next track on the USB stick.
Again if it only happens on those test tones I would not worry about it. Does it happen on any music?

Again if it only happens on those test tones I would not worry about it. Does it happen on any music?
Sometimes it can be seen briefly while playing certain songs that have hard hitting quick notes. Like Echo by Gorilla Zoe. The quick notes at the beginning before the drop hits is a good example. If the notes hit hard enough the sub can be seen briefly "re-aligning" between notes.

Something. Is wrong. You have to start eliminating things. Plugging your ipod direct to your amp will eliminate everything forward of the amp, the rcas and deck. If it goes away then your problems are somewhere from your rca forward. Reread what I posted. You have to go, do some work and start eliminating things. There is no magical answer.

Something. Is wrong. You have to start eliminating things. Plugging your ipod direct to your amp will eliminate everything forward of the amp, the rcas and deck. If it goes away then your problems are somewhere from your rca forward. Reread what I posted. You have to go, do some work and start eliminating things. There is no magical answer.
Plugging the Ipod in directly to the amp. Would I be able to get the proper amount of signal that way to even get the subs to get full power? If so I can try that tomorrow. I have a 3.5mm to RCA jack in the back of my computer and have a 1ft RCA in the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Danm bro you get down on the guitar!!
Haha. Thanks man. Been playin for about 8 years or so. It's a lot of fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif Sent ya a PM about the amp if ur serious btw.

I have had subs do this before and it came down to bad rca's. They were picking up a signal from something. I am not saying your rca's are bad but it could be the culprit.

Plugging the Ipod in directly to the amp. Would I be able to get the proper amount of signal that way to even get the subs to get full power? If so I can try that tomorrow. I have a 3.5mm to RCA jack in the back of my computer and have a 1ft RCA in the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
You will probably have to crank the gain cause of the lower voltage but it shouldn't matter if its doing it at all volumes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.