of 3 subs, which would match this amp best.

Participant count
  • Participant list

IsThisTaken
10+ year member

I'm getting a kicker ZX500.1 amp from a guy a work for a great deal. In the mean time I want to get a sub. I listen to mostly rap but some rock is mixed in.

I've filtered it down to three, AQ SDC 2.5, SA-12 (used for 160), Dcon.

I'm leaning towards the Dcon since I can over power it. Wont that be better for the sub? As in, it can play the sub to its potential and avoid clipping on heavy low notes as the other two might? I hear the SA-12 is power hungry and most ppl say it doesnt shine until you toss 750rms in its face. 2nd choice is the SDC. I hear that sub is solid and punchy which I like.

probly the dcon. however the sa-12 & aq sd 12 can also be over powered and still be ok. my wife had a aq sd 12 and ran 1200 daily to it on stock electrical. the sa-12 ive never seen it over ran but its a sundown lol, you gota expect it to be ok

I know the SDC and SA can take over powering. My issue is, wont I be under powering them? With only 500rms I feel that wont rly be enough to bring them to life.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.