off brand amps?

By offbrand, I'm meaning the non mainstream brands (ie kicker, fosgate, jl, etc). I don't want a piece of junk for an amp. I just wanted to see other brands that are good that I'm not familiar with.
Lol those brands you listed are garbage. Kicker/RF make good amps but the subs are trash (except solo X). And by ebc do you mean like a bass remote? You should never use the bass boost on your amp.

You've got it backwards. These are not off-brand amps you're speaking of. Off brand are pyle, rockwood, volkwagonhaag(or whatever that crappy brand is). DD, Sundown, IA, DC, etc are high end brands. You've just never heard of them. In fact those brands you've heard of are actually cheap garbage in most cases.
I know the ones I listed are not the off-brand amps. I meant those were the mainstream but my wording was wrong. And I've seen from reading on this site the brands like dd and sundown are the better ones just not talked about normally as much.

Lol those brands you listed are garbage. Kicker/RF make good amps but the subs are trash (except solo X). And by ebc do you mean like a bass remote? You should never use the bass boost on your amp.
By bass remote I was meaning like a gain control. many of the knobs control the gain up to the max set on the amp. So all the way up on the knob is the max as set on the amp but I can turn in down for music that doesn't need it. I know the quality is better with an aftermarket hu but I'm wanting to keep the stock unit and the only way to have control over the bass is with a remote.

I know the ones I listed are not the off-brand amps. I meant those were the mainstream but my wording was wrong. And I've seen from reading on this site the brands like dd and sundown are the better ones just not talked about normally as much.

By bass remote I was meaning like a gain control. many of the knobs control the gain up to the max set on the amp. So all the way up on the knob is the max as set on the amp but I can turn in down for music that doesn't need it. I know the quality is better with an aftermarket hu but I'm wanting to keep the stock unit and the only way to have control over the bass is with a remote.
Ok wasn't sure if you meant remote gain or bass boost. A lot of lower power amps don't come with one (at least I haven't come across any), but you could always buy this and use it. I use it with my amp and it works just fine.

PAC LC1 Universal Remote Level Control via RCA Audio Interconnect

Also there are other ones if you look here.

Amplifier (Bass / Level) Remotes | Car Amplifier Installation & Accessories | Car Audio/Video Installation & Accessories | Car Audio | Car Audio, Video & GPS at Sonic Electronix

Audiopipe is alirght. I ran the 1500w rms amp for about a year and it blew up. But I mean, it was a $130 chinese amp that I absolutely abused. They'll do in a pinch.

So I've found out that the audiopipe's remote is a bass boost and not a remote gain like I had wanted to get. I know everyone would agree not to use bass boost or if used, as little as possible. I emailed hifonics to see if theirs is a remote boost or gain.

Audiopipe has always done good for me. i have used almost all the the amps that Audiopipe offers and i have yet to find one that was bad. besides the mini series getting super hot if you dont have a way for them to vent.

great amps at a great price.

I run Audiopipe in my daily setup and do over 151+ db daily on music and 154db on burp.

Get the audiopipe 1500. The remote for that one is for the gains. They are rock solid and will last forever if you dont abuse them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.