ohms??

Participant count
  • Participant list
Resistance to the amp make a world of difference especailly if you have a digital or high current amp.. for regular 2 channel or multi channel amp 8 ohm subs allow you to use more than one sub and not put it below the safe level the amp can handle.

For digital and high current amps they can usuaaly run anything from 4 ohms down to 1 ohm sometimes lower depending on who makes it.. The best thing to do is figure out what subs you want and how many take the given resistance ..say 4 ohms and you wanna run 2 subs

4(ohms) divided by 2( the number of voice coils)=2 (ohm load)

or say 4 (ohms) divided by 4 ( dual 4 ohm voice coil subs) = 1ohm.. Dual V/Cs can also be configured for different resistances for greater flexibility on different amps by changeing some wires around from V/C to V/C, but that may be a little advanced just yet.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.