Open to new ideas, please let me know what you think!

I don't pay retail. Nice try.

And made in America means junk. We are not an industrial country anymore meaning we don't make sh*t, especially nothing of quality. So, nice try again.

I don't pay retail. Nice try.
And made in America means junk. We are not an industrial country anymore meaning we don't make sh*t, especially nothing of quality. So, nice try again.
again u are wrong, amerca makes the best stuff. hence why you pay more for quality american products. we just dont make cheap stuff like amps etc. the amps that cost 80 bucks to make and they mark up the price to 800 dollars

America is still No. 1 in manufacturing - Rex Nutting - MarketWatch

awww we are still number one lol, again dont speak.

Yeah, everyone knows Ford and GM are number one... number one at making grade A pieces of sh*t

Idiot production costs are way too high here. Why the f*ck do you think sh*t is made everywhere else. Because here we have to pay joe blow 20 bucks an hour when joh chang will do it for 3 bucks an hour and be happy hes getting paid.

American made = using cheaper parts to make up for the high cost of labor

We don't work in this country. We buy. We are the number 1 nation of CONSUMERS. NOT LABOR.

My suggestion is to do a ton of your own reaearch before buying. Dont go by anyones opinion form your own. You will be happier in the end. Do alot of reading and watching videos, it will help you alot.

Yeah, everyone knows Ford and GM are number one... number one at making grade A pieces of sh*t
Idiot production costs are way too high here. Why the f*ck do you think sh*t is made everywhere else. Because here we have to pay joe blow 20 bucks an hour when joh chang will do it for 3 bucks an hour and be happy hes getting paid.

We don't work in this country. We buy. We are the number 1 nation of CONSUMERS. NOT LABOR.
ford made in mexico, nice try

toyota is made in america

bmw made in america

mercedes made in america lol

gm is still made in america.

and again america still is the numbe rone producer in goods. when someone wants a high grade catscan, its made in america. americans dont make low production goods. electronics like tv;s etc are made over seas because they are made with cheap parts etc. this is why things break so much nowadays. stuff made back in the 50, 60, and 70's were indestructible.

did u not see my post, we are still the number one manufacturers in the world. we make high end electronics, cat scans, lasers, optics, almost every little medical equipment that you need it to be top grade. the best and most important stuff is made in america. cheap **** like tv's and amps that when they break its not a big deal are made in china etc.

ford made in mexico, nice try
toyota is made in america

bmw made in america

mercedes made in america lol

gm is still made in america.

and again america still is the numbe rone producer in goods. when someone wants a high grade catscan, its made in america. americans dont make low production goods. electronics like tv;s etc are made over seas because they are made with cheap parts etc. this is why things break so much nowadays. stuff made back in the 50, 60, and 70's were indestructible.
Toyotas use Korean parts

Mercedes = junk

BMW = junk

GM = the worst junk you can buy

Wow don't listen to these cheap-o's. Stick with JL, you have the money. The 10-w7 will get loud but it just doesn't have enough cone area. It's got kind of an "airy" sound. I'm not a fan of the W-6's or any of their other subs for that matter. I'd pony up the money for a 12-W7, but if you only have 500wrms to work with, get the 12-w6.
Coming from the guy with T1 sub using about 10" of port area....

Unles you're buying the W7 for 300$ or so don't waste your time. They're not anything special as far as performance or technology, not particulary efficient, not great power handlers and prohibitively expensive to recone if/when they fail.

JBL GTi, Si Mag, IDMAX, TC Sounds/Audiopulse, older Eclipse Ti Pro, also older Adire woofers with XBL^2 tech are all very highly regarded for good performance and ability to sound nice.

JL amps are good but overpriced. Again if you're not buying at about 1/4 retail don't bother.

OP, how much space do you have to spare? How loud do you need to get? What sort of music do you mostly listen to?

Coming from the guy with T1 sub using about 10" of port area....
Unles you're buying the W7 for 300$ or so don't waste your time. They're not anything special as far as performance or technology, not particulary efficient, not great power handlers and prohibitively expensive to recone if/when they fail.

JBL GTi, Si Mag, IDMAX, TC Sounds/Audiopulse, older Eclipse Ti Pro, also older Adire woofers with XBL^2 tech are all very highly regarded for good performance and ability to sound nice.

JL amps are good but overpriced. Again if you're not buying at about 1/4 retail don't bother.

OP, how much space do you have to spare? How loud do you need to get? What sort of music do you mostly listen to?
Not really. But thanks for pointing that out, just a bad pic. Changed it just for you.

Simple recommendation:

Grab a Sundown Audio SA12 D2, wire the coils in series (for the JL, parallel for most other options). Get the JL 500/1 or maybe look at spending the same amount to get a LOT more power. There are many manufacturers out there with great, little, reliable, power house amps that cost as much or less than the 500/1. It is not to bash JL, the 12W6 is a good sub and the 500/1 amp is a very well designed and built amp. It is however common knowledge that JL is expensive for the performance that you get. It has a name that it earned by hiring very good marketing & sales people over the years. It is not like they break or fail any more often than the next manufacturer's equipment. It simply comes down to performance per dollar when you ask people on a forum. If you have plenty of room in the trunk to spare, you'd get one hell of a subwoofer if you purchased the Sundown SA12. They go for under $200 all over the place. It is a VERY well rounded sub and can slowly destroy your car with half a kilowatt and can handle twice that with ease. If you locate a great 1000w amplifier for the same or less than the 500/1, you've done well. Get a real acoustic engineer to design your enclosure, based on all your specific needs and restrictions/stipulations. I'm not shy about recommending PWKdesigns.com for that service. To get it done in a timely manner, choose the white status option $80. You couldn't really be happier if you go that route.

Note: there are many other subs, but it's rare to find a well rounded sub with the SA12's capabilities for under $200.

Toyotas use Korean partsMercedes = junk

BMW = junk

GM = the worst junk you can buy
BTW, every one of those manufacturers uses semiconductors by the boat load. 97% of semiconductors are made in Korea. They are known more for semiconductors than the phallic shape of their country.

Thank you for all the replies everyone. I was surprised to get a great response. I think I am going to be getting the FI Q10! I don't really have a need for the trunk luckily. The next step is to move forward and gradually change out the stock component speakers. Who knows, I might have to change them sooner than later because of this awesome sub. Just so everyone knows, I didn't actually break down because of price. I had a chance to hear both the FI Q and W7. Two people in my town actually had a set up for each sub. I got lucky! Thanks again for the posts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.