Opinion needed: 2 Sundown SD-10 ported VS. 1 SA-8 ported...

mrrbiggz
10+ year member

Black Angus
maryland
Opinion needed: 2 Sundown SD-10 ported VS. 1 SA-8 ported...

What up. I have been researching for a new setup. Im looking for honest opinions about my choices. I have 2010 Silverado Crewcab and this is what I narrowed it down to, I found this one company that sells a custom box for my truck that holds 2 SD2V2 10's in a ported box tuned to 36htz. It looks real nice and claims no escursion issues. Next up to bat is speaking to "double07" he has some ideas about building a ported box for a SA-8 V2D2.. The floor is open...please be kind..

The sd10's would probably be louder. Then again no one is short of satisfied with the sa8. Both should shine in the right enclosure.

Yeah that was one of my main goals.. to brag about being one 8".. but seems like the box for the 8 is like figuring out a rubix cube...

Yeah that was one of my main goals.. to brag about being one 8".. but seems like the box for the 8 is like figuring out a rubix cube...
What issues are you running into with designing the sa-8 box? I know a lot of people struggle to get enough port area/length if you're using aero's.

also, the rubiks cube is not that hard lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The major problem was the port area. It will going under my rear seat so space is a factor. It has a slope ranging from about 9 to 10 inch in front of the seat to a max of 6 to 6.5 in rear of the seat. Figuring out the port length is tricky due to the size and length. I have been back n forth double07 so hopefully we can work something out. This is the other option I'm feeling out.....

07 08 09 Chevrolet 1500 2500 CC Ported Subwoofer Box 10 Sundown Audio SD10 | eBay

Under the seat box i take it .. i had one in my extended cab before and it was ok . but is hard to get and pass on measurements correctly
Exactly...Not as easy as putting it a trunk...I like the idea of two 8's... but will two 8's ported be louder and lower than two 10's ported... to be or not to be...

Exactly...Not as easy as putting it a trunk...I like the idea of two 8's... but will two 8's ported be louder and lower than two 10's ported... to be or not to be...
ive seen some 8's get loud in a truck but that was 4 of them firing forward and ports to the side doors. whichever is in your budget and easier to do for you id say either way is a win just go ported with ports facing side doors and it should bang

Last edited by a moderator:
The major problem was the port area. It will going under my rear seat so space is a factor. It has a slope ranging from about 9 to 10 inch in front of the seat to a max of 6 to 6.5 in rear of the seat. Figuring out the port length is tricky due to the size and length. I have been back n forth double07 so hopefully we can work something out. This is the other option I'm feeling out.....
07 08 09 Chevrolet 1500 2500 CC Ported Subwoofer Box 10 Sundown Audio SD10 | eBay
if you can get good measurements and get them to double 07 he will build to THOSE measurements lol so fear not . also would bet he could build you alot better quality and sounding box for your money

ok for those who are curious,, mybox is up for view on double07's profile/forum posts. let me know what ya think.. i personnaly got a chubby,,hehehe lol..no ****!!

I see by the tracking number that you got this little beast today!!!!

20121021_102942.jpg

20121021_122639.jpg

20121021_122634.jpg

20121021_122621.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.