Optima battery or Kinetik battery

817king
10+ year member

In the a month im going to have 2 12 kicker cvx s w/ a kicker 1500.1 mono amp. Im looking into getting another battery. An optima worker said they dont make a battery for my car and i will have to modify one. A kinetik person told me to get the kinetik kc 2400 which is the biggest battery they make. I cant decide on what to do. The battery will be for my car and my system all in one battery. What do yall think?

i have my 1500.1 running off my stock battery (that is now 6 years old) with extremely little voltage drop, except for when i have everything running (headlights, fog lights, mirror heaters..etc). before i go off to college im gunna upgrade to a yellowtop..even if i dont need it.

get yourself an optima yellow top and youll be good.

dont mean to sound ignorant but from MY understanding kinetic batteries shouldnt be used as car batteries, they're used more as a capactior,, but then again thats MY unerstanding and i havent kept up much.

dont mean to sound ignorant but from MY understanding kinetic batteries shouldnt be used as car batteries, they're used more as a capactior,, but then again thats MY unerstanding and i havent kept up much.
What? They are car audio batteries; they're made for cars.

i have my 1500.1 running off my stock battery (that is now 6 years old) with extremely little voltage drop, except for when i have everything running (headlights, fog lights, mirror heaters..etc). before i go off to college im gunna upgrade to a yellowtop..even if i dont need it.
get yourself an optima yellow top and youll be good.
How big is your amp now. I have a pretty big Interstate brand battery that is 3 years old.

Does it all fit in your pocket?
i have a little cart, it all fits very nicely.

How big is your amp now. I have a pretty big Interstate brand battery that is 3 years old.
same as you want. kicker zx1500.1. my batery is still stock from dodge (with the tow package, so its an upgraded battery..its huge) but its still runnin strong. mines goin on 6 years old, still holdin strong.

im gunna replace it with an optima before i go away to college, just in case. so i dont wind up with a dead batt in the middle of the parkinglot with hotties around

mines been under my hood for years, hasnt even had a flicker

I hope they are meant for car batteries because i have one coming tomorrow and my car is sitting at my mechanics with a dead battery. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I hope they are meant for car batteries because i have one coming tomorrow and my car is sitting at my mechanics with a dead battery. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
why did you take it to the mechanics for a dead battery?

why did you take it to the mechanics for a dead battery?
I thought it was my alt acting up again because my jumper cables weren't working so had it towed there, found out the battery was completely killed, but my jumpers weren't working well either. Funny thing is the night before, i ordered the kinetik and next morning my car doesn't start....go figure.

I have been running a 1400hz as my starter battery for a year now. Not once has the bat failed me. Looks like it's also going to be the bat that I use for Meca AS1:)

my pick would be kinetik over optima. I have a yellowtop and it gets the job done, but kinetiks have the terminal flexibility optima doesn't.
Do you think i will still need a capacitor cuz the kinetik guy told me that i needed 2700 watts and the biggest battery kinetik offers is for 2400 watts but he said it should be ok

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.