PA Speakers and Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

flipsid3

Ok this may get a little confusing but I will try and explain it the best i can...

Right now I have a PA horn that is 50 watts max at 8 ohms and I plan on getting another. I am looking at getting an amp for them but I am not sure how many watts I need. Basically my question is, what kind of amp would I need to get the most out of them. I realize that I can wire them in parallel to get 100 watts at 4 ohms. So would I just need a 2 channel amp where each channel is 100 watts at 4 ohms x2?

Also a side question, if I just decide to keep one. How many watts at 4 ohms is equal to 50 watts at 8 ohms? Sorry if these questions are kinda stupid

I sincerely hope you aren't putting these in your car for music reproduction. Bad bad bad choice of speakers to put in a vehicle. Not to mention you would 1) not want to wire them in parallel and 2) would absolutely need two of them....even though I would recommend you use zero.

Second question; A 100w @ 4ohm amplifier would produce 50w @ 8ohm.

I plan on putting them in the front under the hood. Please don't go off on how it's a really stupid idea. I have been to so many forums and that's pretty much all I have heard. I realize it may be stupid to some people but I just enjoy the fun of driving around playing ice cream music, lol.

Please don't go off on how it's a really stupid idea.
It's a really stupid idea.

Seriously.

I have been to so many forums and that's pretty much all I have heard.
Can't imagine why ???

but I just enjoy the fun of driving around playing ice cream music, lol.
Pedophile ?

Hope you aren't driving around in an Econoline van doing this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

free_candy.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.