Pandora/Android Question on Pioneer 2400bt

Participant count
  • Participant list

GabeC
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ColaTown, SC
Is there any way to use Pandora from an android device on the 2400bt? I know you can use it from an iPod but it seems silly that it would be iPod only.

I'm using the LG Optimus V

also im guessing i would have to get an iPod Touch or iPhone to use Pandora seeing as how the nano/classic doesn't do Apps?

Let's step back for a second. The 2400BT has iphone Pandora control through the cable, which means that you can control the Pandora app fully when an iphone is plugged in. When streaming Bluetooth, the 2400BT can't tell an iphone from a hole in the wall. It just receives audio streamed to it, and plays it through the speakers. So, using Bluetooth, there is no difference between using an iphone or an Android phone. When you're streaming Bluetooth with your Android phone, you can stream whatever the hell you want, from music to audio on a website; it makes no difference to the headunit.

The i-device that you would want is the iphone, or the ipad with 3G. The reason for this is that Pandora needs a constant internet connection, so it would be pointless to have an ipod with Pandora in your car, unless your phone can act as a wireless hotspot. So if that's the case, and you can set up a mobile wireless network, then yes, an ipod touch is what you're looking for. There are tons of 8GB on Craigslist for relatively cheap, or buy from the Apple refurb store.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.