Picked up Lanazar...

cfox10
10+ year member

Rock the house.
Picked up a Lanzar Opti 4001d for 285... decent deal? Was pretty much brand new, no scuffs, under warranty with all paperwork and box. The guys stock voltage fell super low so he had to get rid of it. He wanted 385... but really needed a part for his truck and told me 325, and we settled on 285.

hook it up and drop it to half ohm and see if it still working.
Already did... it is, ran fine for couple of hours. Not at full tilt because I need to re-do my electrical. But I ran it as loud as I could without dipping into low 12's at .5ohm, it's mint. Plus it's got a full replacement/extended warranty through sonic. The guy was real desperate and 300 was my limit. Got it for my zcon 18".... pretty good deal, right?

339 refurbed on ebay..
Yeah, just didn't want to wait for shipping and ebay fees. This was local, helped someone out and had a much better warranty than the refurbs on ebay have. Is it a decent amp though?

I have the original receipt, it has 11 months mfg warranty and 3 year square trade. Just need to see if it puts out close to rated power.

Already did... it is, ran fine for couple of hours. Not at full tilt because I need to re-do my electrical. But I ran it as loud as I could without dipping into low 12's at .5ohm, it's mint. Plus it's got a full replacement/extended warranty through sonic. The guy was real desperate and 300 was my limit. Got it for my zcon 18".... pretty good deal, right?
I ran my Opti 4k on a Zcon 18.Put in work pretty dam good.Def need some electrical though.Good find.

I ran my Opti 4k on a Zcon 18.Put in work pretty dam good.Def need some electrical though.Good find.
Sweet. I found a guy local who has 60 ft length, and 90ft length of 2/0 welding wire he's willing to let go for 1.20 a foot. Ridiculous price I couldn't pass up. Next is to find some agm batts.. You think with a few batts 200a alt is enough or should I look into buying a new alt too? I'll have enough wire to do a couple runs to the batts and dual inputs on the amp.

imo no. the 4000d would, but those are 614 dealer cost and 464 refurbed. there a reason why this amp is cheaper then those. but if you get 3200 for $285 thats still not bad.

last time i check and seen tests, the opti's will do rated

[quote name='cfox10']Sweet. I found a guy local who has 60 ft length, and 90ft length of 2/0 welding wire he's willing to let go for 1.20 a foot. Ridiculous price I couldn't pass up. Next is to find some agm batts.. You think with a few batts 200a alt is enough or should I look into buying a new alt too? I'll have enough wire to do a couple runs to the batts and dual inputs on the amp.[/QUOTE]

I ran mine on a 105 amp alt and 3 huge batts.Less than ideal for sure but it did ok voltage wise.200 amp alt def helps.Better get a few good agm's for sure.All you can do is see.If it aint enough grab a bigger alt.Hit up @Boomsday ; he usually has some good deals on agm's.

[quote name='rickmandick']imo no. the 4000d would, but those are 614 dealer cost and 464 refurbed. there a reason why this amp is cheaper then those. but if you get 3200 for $285 thats still not bad.[/QUOTE]

nvm.... i miss read. the 4001 will do really close, but the 4000d will do rated

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

[quote name='Jes 42']I ran mine on a 105 amp alt and 3 huge batts.Less than ideal for sure but it did ok voltage wise.200 amp alt def helps.Better get a few good agm's for sure.All you can do is see.If it aint enough grab a bigger alt.Hit up @Boomsday ; he usually has some good deals on agm's.[/QUOTE]

dude you should build my box and drive it to me lol

last time i check and seen tests, the opti's will do rated

the 4000d will @ double the price. cant find any clamp or dyno tests for the amp that was released 6 years later, so i would have to disagree.

im right on the dealer site and they use a trendy little word called "max" to describe their ratings

nvm.... i miss read. the 4001 will do really close, but the 4000d will do rated 

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

dude you should build my box and drive it to me lol
yes we had plenty of experience with those amps in 06-07, we switched to z1's due to lanzars reliability issues. but for the price he paid its still worth it in comparison. i mean he justs want to be loud and and for 285, thats a good deal. Fuse rating is 250amp if that says anything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cfox10

10+ year member
Rock the house.
cfox10
Tillamook, Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date