PICS! Rainbow SLC 265, Second Skin Door Install

i went ahead and ordered 10 more sq ft of the dampener to cover the sheetmetal.

I should probably deaden the sheet metal, the thing is I'm out of dampener for this door. I mean I dont know if it would make a huge enough difference for me to order some more, and apply it over the sheet metal?

Just go buy some rubberized undercoating. 3M makes some good stuff. Spray the hell out of that sheet metal and it will deaden it up just fine.

BTW, love your avatar. Now if we could just get him to read it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

who hoo, these rainbows sound awesome so far, i just did a test hearing, then i have to re-wire the 500/1. stayed tuned for more pics.

My idea was to Jbweld some bolts sticking out, drill some holes in the mdf and line it up then hold it in with nuts. It worked for awhile but the strain eventually broke free of the jbweld bond.
Here's something I've done in the past, and it may seem funny at first: Velcro. Get Velcro strips and attach one side to the back of the amp and the other to the sheet metal/plastic. The adhesive on the Velcro strips is usually pretty strong, and a full strip of Velcro is pretty solid as well. The only down side is that it makes it a little easier for the thieves to just pull it off and run, but not much is gonna stop them once they place their filthy paws on your gear anyway.
Anyway, I have a question about the door in the pics. What happens when you say, want to lubricate your window guides or need to replace the window glass or the motor? I'm actually in the process of deadening my doors, but I'm cautious about closing up all the large access holes (which are there for a good reason - access). My idea was to just cover them up with plastic and tape it up good. Covering up these access holes with something like Brown Bread (which is what I've been using) is not easy to remove and could make a real mess if the need arises.

Oh, and one other thing. Couldn't tell from the photos, but make sure you don't use deadener to fill up the tiny holes on the bottom edge of the door. Those are drain holes and plugging those up will cause moisture to build up. If that happens, your car could rust from the inside out. Not good at all. Other then that, it looks awesome!

- Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.