Pioneer & Playlists - P6900UB supports while P600UB (Premier) doesn't??

Participant count
  • Participant list

zzoinks

I recently installed a Premier DEH-P600UB and so far I've been loving it. I've had success with both a 4GB USB thumb drive and a 250 GB Simpletech 2.5" USB hard drive. So far, so good.

Today I decided to try and create a playlist. I created one in foobar2000, it wasn't recognized. I tried creating one in WMP 11. No dice. Thy simply weren't listed when I browsed the files on the head unit.

I compared the manuals between the older P6900UB and the P600UB. WTF?! It states that the p600 does not support playlists. What gives? They dropped support for this?

Has anyone had success using playlists with the P600UB? If so, what did you use to create them?

Thanks,

-Brett.

I also have a P600, but have only used the Playlist function on my iPod (Classic, 160GB). I'll test this out with a flash drive and get back to you.

I also have a P600, but have only used the Playlist function on my iPod (Classic, 160GB). I'll test this out with a flash drive and get back to you.
Thanks! I'd love to know if it works for you. I don't have an iPod so I can't try that out.

-Brett.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck with it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I stuck a .m3u and a .wpl file in the root of my flash drive, then the same files in a directory containing some mp3s. The P600 went straight to this directory and began playing those files, but the playlist files didn't appear in the list menu. I couldn't find a way to select them in the various menus.

It really is odd that they dropped this function. It does recognize iPod playlists fine, though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.