Pioneer AppRadio 2 thoughts?

memphis_vette
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Redding, CA
What are your guys thoughts and opinions on the AppRadio 2? I am very interested in getting it as I Demo'd the H/U and liked it. I use my iPhone 4s for everything so I figured it would suit me well.

The only thing is the widely mixed reviews on it as some love it and some hate it.

How is the equalizer on the H/U? I didn't get a chance to see how it was. I am not an audiophile but I would like a decent equalizer.

I will be using this head unit with a subwoofer and I will possibly buy a 2 channel amp for speakers down the road.

Thx

When you say Appradio 2 does that mean that there is a second version? I haven't seen anything about a second version. I have played around with the first one and its ok if you just want a deck to interface your phone with but still maintain stock stereo, but I personally wouldn't use it if I was running any aftermarket stereo equipment. It isn't really designed to be a great sound quality H/U. Maybe if you were to use external equalization, like an Alpine Imprint or something. I personally wouldn't use it though, other cheaper H/U's still have great phone integration with better equalization and sound quality. I love the AVH lines by Pioneer. That is what I use for my iPhone and it has always worked great for me.

If it's anything like the last one, it will quit out of apps by itself in certain cases. Let's say you're using a navigation app and it's just about to show you where to turn and someone randomly decides to call you...it quits the app. It's definitely a sick looking unit and I'd imagine some options are better than the last since this at least comes with 4 channel preouts instead of 2. However, I don't think its reached what it can be. Other brands have plenty of inexpensive in dashes to do the same interfacing with your phone with better EQ options, but unfortunately none look nearly as good.

Edit: Just realized you have a DDX418. I can guarantee the App2 doesn't have as many options as that deck.

I was looking at same HU as well.. I disliked it in the long run and it was just slow responding to me.. You are better off spending your money on the 2012 AVH models from Pionner.. I just bought the AVH-P3400BH and works wonders with my iPhone 4S via bluetooth. Also the AVH models are future proof as well..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.