Pioneer MP3 deck skipping over some tracks...

curls

I just got a used Pioneer Premier DEH-P840mp from a guy and was wondering if anyone with any Pioneer MP3 HU has had this problem:

I just made a nice CD with a bunch of mp3's on it, and the HU will simply skip over some tracks (the same ones each time). It also happened on a CD that the guy I bought it from had made as well. It's always on the same tracks, so I checked the bitrate and other properties of the skipped songs and they all seem to be perfectly fine and no different from the songs that do play fine.

Everything else about this unit is great except that it sometimes skips over songs. When I say skips, think of it this way: I am listening to track A, and then it is done. Normally, track B should play, but instead, it says it's trying to read track B, but then goes to track C (seemingly not being able to play or recognize track B).

Why is this???

Thanks,

~Eric

on some mp3 cds with my eclipse, it will play like 15 seconds of one song then go to the next. it is weird. it only does it with some cds. i have burned them all the same too. i think the reason my deck does it becausethey are still mad at us for the a-bombs. :patrioti:curse of the japanese companys deck.

Turns out it was corrupted MP3's or something along those lines. I "cleaned" the mp3's with a few different programs (Ashampoo, and MP3Test), and it seemed to do the trick on the tracks which were messed up (with the exception of two, which I re-downloaded and now work fine.

P2P ***** for getting mp3's, as it seems that they corrupt them just enough for them not to play on car stereo's very easily, although Winamp and WMP seem to be able to handle them fine.

Anyhow, problem solved, thanks!

~Eric

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.