Playing one source on multiple stereos at the same time? (FM transmitter?)

Participant count
  • Participant list

mcsoul
10+ year member

such is life
dfw
I want to be able to play one source (say a dvd ripped with mp3's or an ipod) on all the stereos in the house at the same time. All the FM transmitters I see are for the car and likely have a limited range, and possibly a limited frequency range too. A slingbox may do it, but it seems a little expensive and feature rich for what I want to do. Basically, I want to press play in one room and all the stereos in the house will play that song at once (in unison).

Any ideas?

Are they all just standard cd player/radio and ht receivers?

I've streamed music to multiple computers, but I'm sure there's some sort of wifi-based streaming unit if you plan on spending money.

I thought Slingbox was more for broadcasting through broadband to view away from your home?

There are also probably bluetooth options, but I'm not sure the quality would be. I'd stay away from fm transmitters though. Those things are trash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.