• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
U

Unregistered

Head Unit

Pioneer DEH-P6400

Power Acoustik Sapphire SP2X-1600 310w x 2 powering a pair of MTX Thunder 8000 T8124 or Eclipse 88120.4

Power Acoustik Sapphire SP2X-520 125 x 2 powering a pair of MB Quart Q Series QM 215.61Q - 5 1/4 components

Would anyone recommend different amps? This is my first system and I have not read many reviews about he amps but the few say they are good and is the price difference worth it to get the Eclipses?

If I was you i would go with rockford fosgate power amps they are the best even if they cost more

this to the unregistered guest that said pioneer *****, you obviously dont know jack about decks, because pioneer is one of the best headunits on the market, you wont find a deck with the features and the advancements that pioneer has

Originally posted by Unregistered LOSE THE PIONEER IT ***** REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!
Your an idiot!!! Pioneer does not **** and never will.

As for the dude with the setup, I would drop the Power Acoustiks stuff and get something of better quality. Power Acoustiks is not bad but they are not very good either.

pioneer doesent **** to bad but what really ***** is sony decks, as far as amps i would get directed audio i promise you will not be dissapointed Alpine decks are the best personally. power acousics **** dick i know from personal experience

Originally posted by Basspimp19 pioneer doesent **** to bad but what really ***** is sony decks

[/b]
The funny part is that the S/N ratio on the new Sony Decks is 96dB, which actually SURPASSES that of Pioneer decks (they have a S/N of 94dB, including Premere.) Now the only problem with this is that Sony ***** hard. Which puts Pioneer between a rock and a hard place. Instead of buying your deck for the glittery display, you could buy a deck built for clean sound, like an Kenwood eXcelon, Alpine or Eclipse, and use the sound to entertain you instead of the fishies, the way it's suppost to be. The S/N on an eXcelon is 105dB, and as i'm sure you know, every 10dB, sound output doubles, so a Kenwood eXcelon actually picks up and distingusihes over twice the music from the background interference than a Pioneer is physically able to. Now we'll take a look at a comperably priced Pioneer DEH-P7400MP (retails for $329.95 on Crutchfield.) We can see that it has 2 pair of pre-amp outputs operating at a mere 2.2V. We'll look at the eXcelon equivilent (KDC-X659) and notice that it, too is an MP3 player, just like the 7400MP, but has 3 pair of 4.5V pre-outs instead of two. Because it is an MP3 player, it has a lower Signal to Noise ratio than standard eXcelons, but this is still 96dB, compared to Pioneer's still pitiful 94dB. There are many decks you can buy for not much more of an investment (if any.) People need to look past OEL displays and buy products that sound good. Not that it matters, really. I guess we don't all enjoy distortion-free music when we crank the volume level....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.