Pls help! Wiring amp to mids and tweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2000 toyota avalon, i have the bass taken care of for now! However i really want to get better quality sounding highs and mids but ive never gone farther then just subs! My avalon also has a factory jbl sound syestem in it i found out how to bypass it more or less and i have no prblem doing that i just dont know much about adding a second amp for the mids also im not looking to have to add a second battery or upgrading my cars stock electrical syestem, in other words im just looking for at most 500 rms at 4 ohms! Maby less 250 -200 rms !

Ps: my subs are x2 250 watt fosgate P1s wired at 2ohms with a 500watt alpine mrv monoblock and a 1 farad fosgate cap! Wired on 4 guage power and gournd wire! And a 100 amp inline fuse ! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 2000 toyota avalon' date=' i have the bass taken care of for now! However i really want to get better quality sounding highs and mids but ive never gone farther then just subs! My avalon also has a factory jbl sound syestem in it i found out how to bypass it more or less and i have no prblem doing that i just dont know much about adding a second amp for the mids also im[b'] not looking[/b] to have to add a second battery or upgrading my cars stock electrical syestem, in other words im just looking for at most 500 rms at 4 ohms! Maby less 250 -200 rms !
Ps: my subs are x2 250 watt fosgate P1s wired at 2ohms with a 500watt alpine mrv monoblock and a 1 farad fosgate cap! Wired on 4 guage power and gournd wire! And a 100 amp inline fuse ! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

That in bold people will nag at you to do so. I would highly suggest doing at least the big 3. Your stock electrical is only made to handle the stock electrical heating, a/c, etc. Anything you add the the car will be hard on the stock electrical and therefore will run into problems later on after you start adding amps.

I've seen some pretty nice RF mids/highs and a 4 ch amp for them. Something to consider. Oh and ditch the cap, if you have it.

Your fine with power first look at your speaker wire upgrade upgrade will prob. Hear a diff.without changing speakers then go for it
Dude, if all your gonna do is telling people upgrading your speaker wire is all your gonna suggest your not needed here. It's not gonna make a difference. Whatsoever.

eBay 200 amp like a dollar an amp is right
Wrong. Not just any ebay HO alt will work. have read many stores of them failing on people after a month or so.

Excessive Amperage is what I would recommend. Singer, DC Audio, etc are some of the more bigger names, more $$ type alts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.