Polk DB690 Coax 6x9's (Silk dome tweeter)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brokenpath
10+ year member

Item(s) for Sale:

A pair of Polk DB690 coax 6x9s (Older model) Priced to move

Will also include 1/2" Spacers so you can roll t3h window down all the way Instead of peeking over it like a child molester.

100w RMS

300w Max

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Excellent like new condition and shiny. sticker on the back is a little scratched but no cone damage. Used for about a week and bought from someone who never put them in his project car.

They actually sound great for what they are and have 2 tweeters one of them is silk dome clarity is very nice and they aren't harsh. Big 5" magnet.

These retailed for $200 originally and you can get the new model online for $100 and $150 in a store, but i've heard the old model is better. Bass sounds great when you want to turn the sub off and listen to some laid back music. but can also keep up with your subs when you turn the sub on.

Wont fit properly in my car even with spacer so i'm selling them

Price:

$60 shipped Priority mail UPS or fedex your choice. Ive had the best experience with priority mail in terms of speed. (3 days from NY to cali) If the shipping adds up to less than $60 on top of $45 that will be deducted from price.

$45 local pickup

Extremely cheap already ($22.50 a speaker) so price is firm.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

I'll meet you halfway if your'e not more than 75 miles from me (Los angeles)

Item Pictures:

IMAG0119.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm.... possibly. I don't even know how to use one of those so it would be fun learning. I'll let you know by tmw I think i'm going to be in that area

I have a 4 channel amplifier already connected to my speakers, will that affect it? How do i Hook that thing up? Lol. I have a clarion equalizer that i hooked up and i'm assuming it's the same way.

Does it go before or after the amps?

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest. I am selling it because I couldnt figure out how to use it. Im a dummy I guess, so Im using my passive crossovers instead.

I believe it goes after the HU before the amp. This thing is so you can eliminate your passive crossovers. You get to choose your high pass and low pass freqencies And each individual RCA output is for each individal speaker. I got confused quick and gave up.

It does have one flaw however. One of the outputs doesnt work for some reason. Its the front left mid output. Its mark by a white dot. You could however use the rear section for the front and go active with just the front speakers.

Let me know. Its okay if you dont want it. I could use some rear fill speakers an have no need for this lanzar.

I would prefer that all 4 of them worked I sppreciate the honesty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif But I currently don't have rear speakrers right now so this is pretty tempting.

I'm going to be in san diego tonight or tmw morning/afternoon. Would you want to just buy them if I end up not wanting the crossover?

that crossover will allow u to run an active setup assuming ur HU or amp does not already have these funtions. Like said above after HU before amp. Once u go active u never go back..

I would prefer that all 4 of them worked I sppreciate the honesty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif But I currently don't have rear speakrers right now so this is pretty tempting.
I'm going to be in san diego tonight or tmw morning/afternoon. Would you want to just buy them if I end up not wanting the crossover?
I dont really have the money to spend on speakers. And I have this lanzar laying around. I was originally trying to sell but no ones is biting, thats why I offered to trade.

If you dont want it due to it not being 100% its cool. Where do you live? Im in spring valley.

Ohh yeah, just so you know, I have gain/bass knob for it thats not pictured. It also requires +12v/remote wire/ground to function. THats also why I am not using it, too many wires. I couldnt find a neat way to mount it.

I'm running a hertz HP2 to my sub and a lowly MBquart DSC450 to my speakers. There's a HP for front and rear and a single LP for front and rear on the MB. The Hertz amp has a crossover knob, LP, and Gain. I don't know but i'm seriously leaning towards yes because 'im giong to be in that area anyways and It'll keep me busy for a while. Can you taket he thing apart? Maybe I can find a burnt/missing/loose part and resolder it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.