polk or infinity or.......

civic2004
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA
i work at a electronics store, which i won't say lol, but we have polk audio and infinity. I want to get components and have been looking at the infinity ref series and the kappa. Then the polk audio MMC6500. Im pretty sure 6.5 fit in my car at least they say that can make them fit. Then i went to a couple dealers by my house. one place recommends memphis power reference. and other HIGHLY recomends focal. Now where i work i can get the polk of the infinity at more then half off but i want something thats gonna sound good and not buy just because there cheap. Which would you guys go with? from polk and infinity, then all the rest put together

Thanks alot. please help.

Or to make a long story short should i got with either the infinity or polk(which i get at more then half off). Or something like memphis or focal. Looking for components and back door speakers.

I dislike all of the infinity components. waaay too harsh and lifeless. Polk MOMO's on the other hand are some pretty decent well rounded speakers that can handle decent power, and will sound great in a good install. Polk ftw

I have Infinity Refs in my truck, doors fairly well deadened and I'm not impressed. A friend of mine has polk co-axials in his doors with no deadening and they sound better. If I had your discount, I'd get the polks for sure.

OK. one last comparison. what about the alpine type R components. Are they any better then the other 2 i have listed?

the new type R's beat both the kappas and momo's IMO. I also think the kappas are much better then the reference line, but again it's not my choice it's yours.

Well i have heard both the infinity and the polk audio in the store and you can kinda tell the difference, but my friend has type r's in his car and they sound nice and clean, alot better then the polk and the infinity bt i dont know if thats because his in in a car and the others are in a big building or the type r's are just better sounding.

go with the polks.. they are excellent speakers.

But any speaker you choose.. the way it sounds is going to weigh heavy on the install. What sounds good in a building is going to sound totally different in a car environment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.