Poor Customer Service from Zuki

ameuba10
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am making this thread to make everyone aware of the poor customer service that is associated with Zuki Audio. They make highly hyped up products and I was wanting to hop on the bandwagon. Honestly, I think I would be happier with a Walmart amp. At least they will return it without a restocking fee. For a small company, I would assume that they would thrive on great customer service! Large companies like Pioneer, Alpine, etc can afford to have a couple bad reviews because they sell in such large quantities, and can be purchased just about anywhere. For a company that isn't widely known or have products readily available to be picked up in a local store I believe they should make efforts to keep what little customers they have happy.

I purchased a scratch and dent 6ch amp directly from Zuki last November. evre since I had it, it never functioned properly. First off, it came to my house in a brown box by itself. No company logo, no user manual, no receipt or anything. I thought it was funny but I just shrugged it off. After I finally got around to install it, I noticed a few things didn't work right. I had a turn-on pop, slight hiss, and the bandpass function didnt work properly. I figured these problems could be due to my install and settings. Well right about this time, we had a local meet here in NC. Several of the guys played around with it, and messed with it trying to figure it out. Everyone was stumped and Ryan was the one to point out that one of my tweets were blown. I like to think that the turn-on pop could be the result of the blown tweeter, but I have no way to prove that. By this time Im a little disappointed that this hyped up amp wasn't working right.

So, I send Zuki an email describing everything and I ask if my install was wrong or my settings were'nt right. A couple emails are sent back and forth. The owner was unhelpful to say the least. He ignored my questions, and repeatedly offered a refund for 25% restocking fee. So, that comes to about $95. Plus, I would have to pay to ship it back out. Thats crazy! But I do understand that is his policy and it was stated on his website. I bring up the fact that his website says "Zuki Audio products are warrantied to the original purchaser for one year against manufacturer defect." The owner just assured me that it wasn't broken without even looking at it.

These are the emails that were sent between me and the owner of Zuki...

-----Original Message-----

To: h8nglydeh0me@aol.com

Sent: Thu, Jan 27, 2011 8:34 am

Subject: 6ch Amp issues

i have purchased a scratch and dent 6ch amp from you not too long ago. while installation, i have found that i get a hiss from the left channels that doesnt completely go away even with a ground loop isolator. also there is a turn on pop as well. and one thing i would like to mention is, the bandpass on channels C and D are not properly working. i would like my mids to be bandpassed 500hz-5khz. i can get my mids to play full range, with high and low passes off, but as soon as either high or low switches are on, the mids cut off. when i got the amp in the mail, it was just the amp, i have no user manual etc. for me to possibly troubleshoot the problem. do you understand the bandpass issue on the channels C and D? or why im recieving a hiss or turn on pop? this was a direct swap from a jl audio 450/4, and i didnt have these problems. so im 90% sure the problem isnt due to install.

On Jan 27, 2011, at 7:03 PM, h8nglydeh0me@aol.com wrote:

do you have a grey amp or a black amp ?

Sent: Thu, Jan 27, 2011 7:50 pm

Subject: Re: 6ch Amp issues

Black. Does the number of rca's matter?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 28, 2011, at 1:24 AM, h8nglydeh0me@aol.com wrote:

no,

the black amps are smaller but are the better sound quality amps.

they have no manuals because they were just old parts made into amps to clear some shelf space

that is why i placed them in scratch and dent and offered them at a discount.

j

Sent: Fri, Jan 28, 2011 7:18 am

What should i do about the band pass issue on C/D? Or the turn on pop and hiss? This should be warrantied

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 28, 2011, at 3:17 PM, h8nglydeh0me@aol.com wrote:

every amp is tested before i ship anything out .

your amp would not have shipped if it had a problem

the amplifier return has a 25% restocking fee ,

once i receive the amp, i will issue the refund to you immediately

thank you for choosing zuki amplifiers

zuki audio

4745 s pearl st.

las vegas ,nv 89121

Sent: Fri, Jan 28, 2011 12:31 pm

Well then what is my 1 year warranty for? I do not wish to return it because i will lose too much. If i have an issue, i believe you should be there to fix it. I dont think im being too aggressive but i just have a few issues that you, the designer, should work out especially if there is a 1 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone

On Friday, January 28, 2011 4:05 PM, h8nglydeh0me@aol.com wrote:

the amplifier is not broken, so i can only offer you the return

lol, JL is good, but in my eyes, its seen as the end all be all by noobs who don't know ****. its way overpriced compared to performance. but that's my opinion,

anyway yeah the guy at zuki is a moron, that's bad customer service. any company thats that cheap to avoid losing money when they screw up and send out bad equipment, i don't see them making it far, your options are take a hit and get a partial refund, or keep using it and see if you cannot get it working properly.

lol, JL is good, but in my eyes, its seen as the end all be all by noobs who don't know ****. its way overpriced compared to performance. but that's my opinion,
anyway yeah the guy at zuki is a moron, that's bad customer service. any company thats that cheap to avoid losing money when they screw up and send out bad equipment, i don't see them making it far, your options are take a hit and get a partial refund, or keep using it and see if you cannot get it working properly.
he could link them to this thread as well, I used to regard zuki stuff as pretty dang nice SQ oriented stuff, but if the owner/tech person there is like was said in the original post... then fuck them.

Also it'd give him a chance to explain himself lol... i'd like to see his response to this directly.

well i have read a very extensive review on zuki amps, and from what i read they are very very well made amps.

but it doesn't matter if your product is made of gold, if your customer service is pure garbage, people will steer away from you and go somewhere else.

im assuming, being a small company, he cannot afford to extend worry free returns and warranties. and that is most likely due to issues like this. i am almost certain he is a one man gun show business, and builds the amps his self, and if he charges a 25% restock he probably broke even and still got the amp back, fixed it, and sent it back out. made a super profit on it.

I am making this thread to make everyone aware of the poor customer service that is associated with Zuki Audio. They make highly hyped up products and I was wanting to hop on the bandwagon. Honestly, I think I would be happier with a Walmart amp. At least they will return it without a restocking fee. For a small company, I would assume that they would thrive on great customer service! Large companies like Pioneer, Alpine, etc can afford to have a couple bad reviews because they sell in such large quantities, and can be purchased just about anywhere. For a company that isn't widely known or have products readily available to be picked up in a local store I believe they should make efforts to keep what little customers they have happy.
I purchased a scratch and dent 6ch amp directly from Zuki last November. evre since I had it, it never functioned properly. First off, it came to my house in a brown box by itself. No company logo, no user manual, no receipt or anything. I thought it was funny but I just shrugged it off. After I finally got around to install it, I noticed a few things didn't work right. I had a turn-on pop, slight hiss, and the bandpass function didnt work properly. I figured these problems could be due to my install and settings. Well right about this time, we had a local meet here in NC. Several of the guys played around with it, and messed with it trying to figure it out. Everyone was stumped and Ryan was the one to point out that one of my tweets were blown. I like to think that the turn-on pop could be the result of the blown tweeter, but I have no way to prove that. By this time Im a little disappointed that this hyped up amp wasn't working right.

So, I send Zuki an email describing everything and I ask if my install was wrong or my settings were'nt right. A couple emails are sent back and forth. The owner was unhelpful to say the least. He ignored my questions, and repeatedly offered a refund for 25% restocking fee. So, that comes to about $95. Plus, I would have to pay to ship it back out. Thats crazy! But I do understand that is his policy and it was stated on his website. I bring up the fact that his website says "Zuki Audio products are warrantied to the original purchaser for one year against manufacturer defect." The owner just assured me that it wasn't broken without even looking at it.

These are the emails that were sent between me and the owner of Zuki...

Sent: Thu, Jan 27, 2011 8:34 am

Subject: 6ch Amp issues

i have purchased a scratch and dent 6ch amp from you not too long ago. while installation, i have found that i get a hiss from the left channels that doesnt completely go away even with a ground loop isolator. also there is a turn on pop as well. and one thing i would like to mention is, the bandpass on channels C and D are not properly working. i would like my mids to be bandpassed 500hz-5khz. i can get my mids to play full range, with high and low passes off, but as soon as either high or low switches are on, the mids cut off. when i got the amp in the mail, it was just the amp, i have no user manual etc. for me to possibly troubleshoot the problem. do you understand the bandpass issue on the channels C and D? or why im recieving a hiss or turn on pop? this was a direct swap from a jl audio 450/4, and i didnt have these problems. so im 90% sure the problem isnt due to install.

On Jan 27, 2011, at 7:03 PM, h8nglydeh0me@aol.com wrote:

do you have a grey amp or a black amp ?

Sent: Thu, Jan 27, 2011 7:50 pm

Black. Does the number of rca's matter?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 28, 2011, at 1:24 AM, h8nglydeh0me@aol.com wrote:

no,

the black amps are smaller but are the better sound quality amps.

they have no manuals because they were just old parts made into amps to clear some shelf space

that is why i placed them in scratch and dent and offered them at a discount.

j

Sent: Fri, Jan 28, 2011 7:18 am

What should i do about the band pass issue on C/D? Or the turn on pop and hiss? This should be warrantied

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 28, 2011, at 3:17 PM, h8nglydeh0me@aol.com wrote:

every amp is tested before i ship anything out .

your amp would not have shipped if it had a problem

the amplifier return has a 25% restocking fee ,

once i receive the amp, i will issue the refund to you immediately

thank you for choosing zuki amplifiers

zuki audio

4745 s pearl st.

las vegas ,nv 89121

Sent: Fri, Jan 28, 2011 12:31 pm

Well then what is my 1 year warranty for? I do not wish to return it because i will lose too much. If i have an issue, i believe you should be there to fix it. I dont think im being too aggressive but i just have a few issues that you, the designer, should work out especially if there is a 1 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone

On Friday, January 28, 2011 4:05 PM, h8nglydeh0me@aol.com wrote:

the amplifier is not broken, so i can only offer you the return
well the hissing and bump sound is your fault. as for the rest...they are pretty bad. he is sendingreally informal emails and avoiding your questions for the most part. Thats terrible

another sign of cheapness, i avoid places like this like the plague. if a company cannot afford their own url and email addresses etc, they cannot afford good customer service and warranty fulfillment.

another sign of cheapness, i avoid places like this like the plague. if a company cannot afford their own url and email addresses etc, they cannot afford good customer service and warranty fulfillment.
2 year plan on godaddy which includes 10GB of hosting space, unlimited bandwidth, domain, and an email address costs $100 lol that's $4 a month

just his website format screams scammers to me. i seriously would have thought he had 70 Nigerian scammer waiting for your credit number to pop through their server

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.