Port area for 3 12w6v2

bobo244
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I decided to build a sealed box for my 3 12w6v2, then I decided I should go ahead and do ported, lol. Any recommendations own how much port area I should have if I am running 1 or 2 ports? Thanks.

PS will be in a 6 cube box.

Any recommendations on how low to tune it at? Going for SQL

i never owned a w7 speaker in my life...but i know how design a box that will sound great

i used my bassboxpro6 program to fine out the port area ...and 90in^2 came up ...besides u will not have any port noise

after you set the Vb, tuning, and port size, goto the port screen and click the box that says "Reccomended vent dimensions for Xmax"

How much would be needed for port area and port length if i were going to have 2 ports

With those subs you could get away with 12 inches of port area per sub or 3 round 4 inch diameter pvc pipes. I had a 10w7 with a single 4 inch pvc port with zero noise. But if you have the room go with around 20 inches per sub for a total of 60 inches.

With those subs you could get away with 12 inches of port area per sub or 3 round 4 inch diameter pvc pipes. I had a 10w7 with a single 4 inch pvc port with zero noise. But if you have the room go with around 20 inches per sub for a total of 60 inches.

Ok, so around 60 inches, if 1 port, and 30 inches each if doing 2?

Also, Im getting weird numbers out of WInisd, anyone have nay other programs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.