Port size help

V6Igv3.jpg

That's 9.8 in2 of area BTW

anymore help or information would be great

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

anymore more help or information would be great

anymore help or information would be great 

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

anymore more help or information would be great
Thats a 2 way street... list your sub/amp/load... and music tastes.... someone will help... and vehicle too

my amp is an MB Quart MB Quart ZA2-1000.4. 125 watts x 4 @ 4ohms unbridged and 500 watts x 2 @ 4ohms bridged attached is a picture of how im going to wire it to a Pioneer TS-W311D4 12 inch 1400 watt (400 RMS 200 per coil) and two Kenwood KFC-6995PS 6x9 650 watt (125 watts RMS) My wife mostly listens to rap and pop she will use it more than I. I listen to rock... I dont care if it pounds the neighborhood or not just want it as loud and clear as it will go. If it pounds then Bonus..I have ordered a wiring kit with 4 gague power and ground and inline 80 amp fuse, and 12 gague speaker wire.Now dont laugh its going in the back of a caravan.The box is 2.4 cubic feet and has a cutout for a 12 inch sub it has two 2.5 inch circles for ports. I believe it should be tuned around 35 hertz but could be wrong. Any and all help and opinions will be apreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
1 4" port probably better for that sub but box is to big.. my pioneer 3003 sounded great in 1.63cf ad box tuned at 36hz with 900watts.. looks like u end up with 2.2cf ad or so after sub and ports with 500 watts it maybe ok.. if port noise is problem u just have to make little smaller box with 1 4" port..

1 4" port probably better for that sub but box is to big.. my pioneer 3003 sounded great in 1.63cf ad box tuned at 36hz with 900watts.. looks like u end up with 2.2cf ad or so after sub and ports with 500 watts it maybe ok.. if port noise is problem u just have to make little smaller box with 1 4" port..
2 ea 2.5" port holes?... in a 2.4ft3 net box... almost sounds like one of those old 4th orders... is anyone sure what type of box it really is?... could be terminal holes

.... I'm just wanting to see just to be certain... I never assume anything on this forum... noobs have called bandpasses ported before.

The other wild card is how much depth he even has for port(s). Easy to say "use 4" port" but perhaps he can only go 10" deep on the port?

Are we 100% certain the box is 2.4 cube net?

2 ea 2.5" port holes?... in a 2.4ft3 net box... almost sounds like one of those old 4th orders... is anyone sure what type of box it really is?... could be terminal holes.... I'm just wanting to see just to be certain... I never assume anything on this forum... noobs have called bandpasses ported before.
lol yeah would be funny if it was terminal cup hole.. yeah could be bandpass

The other wild card is how much depth he even has for port(s). Easy to say "use 4" port" but perhaps he can only go 10" deep on the port?
Are we 100% certain the box is 2.4 cube net?
yeah i just meant a 4" be better than 2 smaller ones but idk about in that box

they are not terminal cups they are next to the terminal cups on the back. The box was originally for two tens someone has cut the front and made it for one twelve. If i have to i will build another box was just trying to use this one my son has.will try to get some pictures on here

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.