Possible Front stage???

TypEL
10+ year member

Car - 94 tt Supra

Going to be adding front speaker only, no rear. I have a good deal on some fronts, but not sure if i should or not...

1 X Alpine type X 4" Componenet set

1 X Alpine type X 6.5" component set

(last year models, brand new for 150 cdn set)

Subs/amps

2 x 12" Mb Quart (original quart stuff) subs

2 x KX550.3 Amps

This is my plan....

Install the 6.5" speakers in the stock door locations, and install the 4" speakers + both tweeters (so 2 per side) in kickpanels. I would use all the alpine crossovers. One amp would power the 6.5" comp set, and the other the 4" comp set.

I would also be using an MTX LSX2 Crossover (maybe a line driver for the subs as well).

Questions...

1) Does this setup make sense, or should i ditch the 4", and just stick with the 6.5;s???

2) If i decide to go ahead with my plan, do i use the alpine crossovers, or does the MTX LSX2 replace the alpine crossovers?????

3) I can pick up another set of the 6.5" components for the same price, would it be better to run 2 sets of 6.5" up front, or should i stay with the 4"/6.5" setup.

All doors would be insulated etc.

run 1 component set. take the 300 and invest in 1 nice set //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

x2 on pics of supra!!!!

and only use ones set of components, put that extra cash to some Image Dynamic components, you won't be disappointed!

Edit: Image dynamics components, plus a kick panel install, equals great SQ

hehe i got pics, just have to upload them, i got old ones on SF somewhere, ill try to upload them.

As for running 2 sets, is there a downside to this??

I havnt really heard the type X comps in a car, just shitty demo boards. But the reviews say they play really clear, but dont get SPL loud type of deal. I used to have the diamond audio hex comps, and the tweeter was just 2 harsh (silk tweet). So the alpines kinda seemed like the sound i want, clean and clear with enough midbass.

Plus im doing a broke friend a favour if i buy them since he has never used them and has no use for them. Blah i donno lol

Can you guys tell me, if i go ahead witht he alpines, do i replace the crossovers with the mtx LSX2, or does it work with the alpine crossovers ...???

thanx guys, ill get pics up, or at least link you to some

nice ride but one good set in the front is going to be loud just dont make the mistake i made and get 5 1/2 they are hard to get loud i just upgraded to 6 1/2 id's they are great i have 2 treo 12"s in back and it gets plenty loud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.