power and ground wires

The wire debate is one of the most ridiculous in Car Audio.
Check the specs on the wire. If it is a decent brand it should be able to live up to specs

Most CCA is rated for 250A @ 20ft.

Most OFC is rated for 300A @ 20ft.

Both will get the job done. If both are ran within its limits you will not be able to tell a bit of difference.

Car Audio OFC wire is stupid overpriced. Welding wire is pure copper as well and is about HALF THE COST.
I might need wire soon, can you link me to some cheap welding wire? I forgot to bookmark the site for it.

I was a few feet short for the new install here but couldn't find welding by the foot here so I had to order more from Jim :

As for OP and other posters the fact 25 feet only cost him $48 shipped should tell you the quality of it though some pictures would be nice. I have seen some so called "decent" CCA that made me fall out laughing. When my installer saw the Sky high he was like nice you should see the crap people bring me from ebay and showed me some samples ridiculous is all I have to say.

Doing big 3 soon...

Going with knu cable.

Am I better of going with 4ga OFC or 1/0ga CCA?

The 1/0ga OFC is just too rich for my blood and is not worth it considering the modest system I have.

If you want to save on shipping, any well stocked welding or marine supply store will have 1/0 or heavier cable in stock. Call around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.