Power cap help

Participant count
  • Participant list

cam_home

MN
So, I've got a Dodge Ram Cummins, I plow with it in the winter and will soon be installing an audio system. I have a pair of MTX 8000 subs and a Xtant 1000 watt class D amp.

My truck does have dual batteries, but when using the plow the lights still dim, so I didn't want to put as much stress on the batteries/alternator, therefor I ordered a capacitor.

Unintentionally though, I ordered a 20 volt DVC 24 volt peak power cap. Will this be a big deal? I am hoping not, I don't want to send it back. But if need be, I will, please help!

Also, it's a 2 Farad cap, should I have gotten a larger one, just because I already have light dimming issues with the plow or will the 2 farad be enough?

Another edit, do they make decently priced higher amp alternators for diesels?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, well I am guessing that I can send the cap back, but the price difference will be extreme.

Why won't a power cap help? What exactly does they do? Should I keep the power cap and get an HO alternator, or just sell the power cap and buy an alt?

Certain places to look for HO alts for a diesel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.