power handling or cone area?

ironman

I'm currently working on two builds and need advice... I'm my honda accord I have 2 arc audio 15d4s in small sealed recommended enclosure pushed by a dc 2.0k, I'm wanting to step up to 1 dc xl 15 in a ported box. Will I be upgrading? Also I have an alpine type x 12 on arc audio ks 1000.1 should I step that to a dc level 3? Thanks for the guidance, just sick of wasting money...

Well the xl in ported box hit deeper/lower? Will I be living quality?

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

Losing*

Chances are that you won't increase sound pressure in those scenarios unless you significantly increase the power you're sending the subs. And even then, there are a lot of other factors in play.

Factors such as?
Most importantly, the box the sub is in. Also, location of the box in the vehicle, the sub in the box and the port. Also, xmax of the single sub relative to that of the dual subs you removed.

Generally speaking, you need to double either cone area or power in order to see an appreciable increase in sound pressure. So when you halve cone area you would need to quadruple power in order to make the same sound pressure... all other things being equal.

The xmax of arc subs is 18mm where as the xl is around 26, if box is build to spec I figured I would get better lows, but I don't want to lose clarity, that's my only hold back because this is my daily car

i second that , i think your gonna waste alot more money , get a box built or buy plans from a big name box designer and go to town try using polyfil ,eq ,crossover , processor , there are many other things you can do to get your subs to hit lower , just do a little research

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.