power predicament, what are your thoughts?

Participant count
  • Participant list
i would try hooking them up to the hu first and then you will have plenty of power for you front stage
i guess i failed to mention that the SL's have been running off the deck since i got f*cked over with my Xovers and had to go active. just not loud enough for me :/
and i got loads of power, my xenon does 240w/ch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i just wouldn't go that route!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
yeah, well i think the whole "you only need frontstage" thing is all e-BS. yes, simple stereo (left and right) is technically all you need to hear everything, but that doesnt mean it sounds better...

id have to have some loud ass MFin' comps in front to only need frontstage for the volumes i like. rear fill actually FILLS the car with sound IMO. ive done both ways and I just prefer having rear fill. now if the argument is that it doesnt reach your ear as quickly as the front, well then thats just a TA issue which can be addressed by most higher end HUs. mine has TA for all 4 speakers. Ive never even bothered using it however lol.

yeah, well i think the whole "you only need frontstage" thing is all e-BS. yes, simple stereo (left and right) is technically all you need to hear everything, but that doesnt mean it sounds better...
id have to have some loud ass MFin' comps in front to only need frontstage for the volumes i like. rear fill actually FILLS the car with sound IMO. ive done both ways and I just prefer having rear fill. now if the argument is that it doesnt reach your ear as quickly as the front, well then thats just a TA issue which can be addressed by most higher end HUs. mine has TA for all 4 speakers. Ive never even bothered using it however lol.
if you like rear fill so much, go to a concert and stand backwards:laugh:

what im trying to say is, music isn't intended and wasn't designed to surround you. it supposed to come towards you head on! if you doing you front stage right, you will have no need for much power going to your rear fill. im not saying to go without your rear fill, you like what you like so im not gonna argue with you there. im just saying that i think you system would sound good with you rear fill powered by your HU

what im trying to say is, music isn't intended and wasn't designed to surround you. it supposed to come towards you head on! if you doing you front stage right, you will have no need for much power going to your rear fill. im not saying to go without your rear fill, you like what you like so im not gonna argue with you there. im just saying that i think you system would sound good with you rear fill powered by your HU
dude, it already is powered by the HU....its not loud enough. and i cant afford $3000 components that can handle 300+W a piece.

music was never intended to come from any direction. theres no law anywhere that says music is supposed to come from a certain direction. the only reason they say frontstage is so important is because its the most direct route to the ear drum with the least amount of distortion. so yes, ideally it would make the most sense if youre thinking about it in the simplest of viewpoint. but this isnt a set of headphones, its a car. the aucoustic properties of a car greatly factor into the sound quality and distortion. and even the best SQ techs cant get it to sound perfect.

i personally dont care to spend that much time on mine. i like the way it sounds now, i just want it a little louder. the sound quality is great for me...

make your life easier and just get another small 2 channel amp for the rear speakers or find a 4 channel that will have enough power with channels 3&4 bridged to drive your sub.

make your life easier and just get another small 2 channel amp for the rear speakers or find a 4 channel that will have enough power with channels 3&4 bridged to drive your sub.
i purchased a USAmps MD22 a while ago now for just that reason. now im broke and would like to sell it. and also, theres no point in me having it in there if im barely using it. i mean a PG xenon 200.4 + USAmps MD22 to push a total of 400W to all my speakers? such a waste of potential power (and trunk space) lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.