ppi 18" ehhh

looks like a pro audio driver //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

maybe it would look better in person, only thing i like from those pics is the basket

Looks like they got a top spider also....i'd be a lil worried about the metal nipple flying off and hitting something...lool
I cant tell if that top spider is real, or just a dustcap. And the marketing info just saying dual spiders and a phase plug is ambiguous on the subject.

Looks like they got a top spider also....i'd be a lil worried about the metal nipple flying off and hitting something...lool
Id be worried about your moms nipple...

I dont think I would run that without someone else trying it first. Maybe if it was 100 bucks. I call chinese junk

The newer PPI stuff looks pretty decent, IMO... Grizz was talking about alot of it on their forum over on CSF.net -- seems like a good guy and he is behind alot of the new stuff.

says made in china right on the side, ill pass. The motor assembly looks decent, but for the same price why not buy a 18" with a big ass triple stack on it? Also, ive read that PPI is owned by poweracoustik now, and ive seen that some kole/power acoustik subs use 4" coils apparently, same motor maybe? Honestly id take a mach 5 mj18 over that if youre looking for a cheap off the shelf 18.

Do none of you know that the original sub with that technology was the Cervin Vega Stroker, and it was one of the most winning SPL subwoofers ever?

Nah, just must be Chinese junk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.