Prob quitting car audio...

Eggroll

RingsOfSaturn>your music
Finally got my DC 320 alternator yesterday from DC power. Install went perfect, no skipping belt or nothing, car turned on perfect, everything worked fine. The only difference I found was now the "check battery" light was on, but everything seemed good. Today I wired down the bc2000d to .5 ohm, with rise it should be at about ~1.5. Everything was noticably louder and I drove around and I noticed the car would drop to 10-11v. The car has a voltage regulator for better mpg so it keeps the voltage where IT thinks it's best. So sometimes even when fully stock, the v would be at about 12v. The car just died on me while driving (no music). Jump started it 3x and it drives for a second, then the motor shuts down. Is there any hope for me? I've already invested alot of money on this...

same thing happened with my cobalt.... it has the eco tech that kept burning up the agms... my fix was mechman makes the alts for rides like that... self exciting regulator i think it was called...

I wouodnt have went that route with the equipment used sorry for your hard time bud
Wait what?

And guys all connections are good. Belt is running fine, I think the computer senses all the amps and it's like "holy **** bad mpg turn it down", because I lose power when I drive, not in neutral or parked, I barely lose v there. I just got charge from my friend and his car was at 14.2, mine went to 12.5 off, 11.3 on, but when I disconnect it, 11.3 off. Tomorrow i'll put on the old alt, charge the battery, then turn everything on and see how it goes. Dude I was bumping at .5 on a bc2000d on faulty electrical i'm surprised nothings popped Lmfao!

I think its called Voltage Regulator, but yea its basically the same idea.
My jeep has somdtbjng similar. So I had my factory alt rebuilt to 200amps. Doesnt charge any higher voltage wise so the computer doesnt sense any problem. More than adequate for my old bc2k sitting in park. Plus the alt cost me $140. Tbat was 2 yrs ago still going strong.

There are a few different systems on newer models... If you can figure out what exactly its called for your car maybe you can find a way around it. I believe there was for Hondas anyway. Seems like DC would have known this would be an issue and advised you on what to do to get the alt to work though.

Voltage regulator only deals with the alternator.

ELD works with the computer, sensors, alt regulator. It slows charging down to save on engine power helping with gas mileage.

Done /rant

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Voltage regulator only deals with the alternator.
ELD works with the computer, sensors, alt regulator. It slows charging down to save on engine power helping with gas mileage.

Done /rant

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
Exactlyyy, the thing that charges the battery and powers the vehicle when it's on. But yea I guess the ELD whatever, and I want to get 2 bc2000ds in the future or an scv 4k... Thats why I got a 320 :/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Eggroll

RingsOfSaturn>your music
Eggroll
Death Metal > Your Music
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from